Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting for watch to be repaired since 29/12/09

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

bought a tissot watch cost about e400, have it nearly 2 years the warranty is up the 19/03/10, the watch got water/mist on the glass(its waterproof to 100m), brought back to the shop on the 29th of december have contacted them loads of times and they keep saying swatch have a back log of repairs, can anyone tell me what i can do, i asked for a refund but the manager said its not the shops policy to give refunds,
    any advice would be great, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ronn wrote: »
    bought a tissot watch cost about e400, have it nearly 2 years the warranty is up the 19/03/10, the watch got water/mist on the glass(its waterproof to 100m), brought back to the shop on the 29th of december have contacted them loads of times and they keep saying swatch have a back log of repairs, can anyone tell me what i can do, i asked for a refund but the manager said its not the shops policy to give refunds,
    any advice would be great, thanks

My Adidas watch has a standard repair time of at least 6 weeks, no matter whats wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not sure about the law's on the refund / repair regards acceptable time in which something should be repaired. I think 3 months and no sign of it being fixed is unreasonable by any standard. Did you ask for a replacement by any chance?

Advertisement