Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 VW Polo

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello,
    I'm in the south Kilkenny/Tipperary area.

The window winder mechanism (manual) on the driver's side of my car recently broke. Does anybody know where I could get one second hand?

None of the scrap yards i have visited recently have been able to help me out completely. :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

laser750 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm in the south Kilkenny/Tipperary area.

The window winder mechanism (manual) on the driver's side of my car recently broke. Does anybody know where I could get one second hand?

None of the scrap yards i have visited recently have been able to help me out completely. :(:(

If you have a mechanic friend of someone who knows one they may know about this.

Apparently there is a website where you can describe exactly what you want and then garages and scrapyards see your request and get back to you if they have what you want.

A friend offered to let me get something using his account or maybe he said he would do it himself but anyway, there be ways of getting the part you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,241 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

GSF Carparts have them, they will deliver from Dublin, might be looking at €10-15 including delivery.
    873VG0490 WINDOW WINDER HANDLE PO 10/94 > £2.95

www.gsfcarparts.com/

Otherwise I'd check on ebay, you could be going around scrap yards for months looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

At a guess it's very likely that the part would be the same as
    the Golf model of that age, maybe if your in a scrapyard
    get one off a Golf.

Advertisement