Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with parrot ck100, pls help

• 05-03-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi

I got a Parrot CK100 fitted the other day and I have a problem, it stays on all the time, it doesnt turn off at all, iv been trying to search the net but cant find anything, Is it suppose to stay on all time? Im not very good with cars so where I would I bring it if there was a fault with it?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's wired up wrong. You need to get onto the installer - sounds like a they didn't know what they were doing. Should always go off once key is out.

Was it Halfords by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

There should be vehicle specific wiring adapters for the parrot stuff that would eliminate the possibility of this! (unless you have an uncommon car)
    Fitted a parrot kit recently (with the right wiring adapter) and all I had to do was connect the right mute wire.
    Someone's made a booboo here and connected power to permanent 12v rather than a switched 12V - this will drain your battery unless you get it fixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

ye it was halfords!

Its a golf, fairly common car!

The prob is I dont have the receipt off it! Is there anywhere I can go about this to get it fixed? Is it a big job? Just im on a tight budget at the mo with college n all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Bring it back to to the branch where you had it fit I'm sure they'll have some sort of record. If it's not fixed you'll find yourself with a flat battery

is there anywhere else I can bring this too? in the dublin area and much fixing this prob cost?

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be a big job, depending how much of an arse they made of it?
    I'm just really surprised they didn't tell you they "had to" use an adapter, seeing as it's another way to extract money from you...

There's probably a choice of a red,orange or blue wire, and they tapped into the wrong one.

*disclaimer - wine + friday night possibly invalidates any of this info!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    is there anywhere else I can bring this too? in the dublin area and much fixing this prob cost?

I had mine fitted by a brillant guy in Bray - John Corcoran..... really decent with follow up stuff. Think its under Corky alarms

they sold me some loom for 30 euro!

Could u recommend somewhere that would be open tomorrow that I can this fixed? roughly how much shud it cost?

they sold me some loom for 30 euro!

Could u recommend somewhere that would be open tomorrow that I can this fixed? roughly how much shud it cost?
    Go back to them, say they fitted wrong "loom" - they must have used a Golf one from a different year or something. The right loom would make it practically idiot proof...

I'll go back to them tomorrow, but in case they cant do anythin since I ave no receipt is there anywhere I can go to get this fixed? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I'll go back to them tomorrow, but in case they cant do anythin since I ave no receipt is there anywhere I can go to get this fixed? thanks

Ill throw the slippers on & go to car & get this guys number for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

What year golf is it? Does the radio go off with the key?

its an 07, the radio in it is a rns 510. Mmm when I turn off the engine the radio goes off but u can turn it on without the use of the keys.

the prob im havin Is that I need to get it fixed tomorrow as im going away on sunday and if I leave it like this the battery is gonne run flat! so Im tryin to get someone to fix the prob tomorrow! suggestions welcome.

I have one in a box here that came out of a 06 Passat (I think) and the red wire (permanent live) and the orange wire (switched live) have been swapped over. It's just a matter of getting someone to take out your radio and swapping the two wires on the loom for the phone kit. Theres a fuse on each of these wires so you don't have to cut them or anything.

It looks like your professional installer didn't even check it to see if it worked right. And I don't know what loom he sold you because the VW should have standard plugs that come on the kit.

im not even handy with wiring or anything to do it myself, is there anywhere that would do this type of thing?
    As I said im going away and dont want to leave it lyin there to come back to a dead battery.

thanks so far for the help

If you can get anyone to take out your radio and swap the two wires it'll only take a minute. Even a halfords employee should be able to manage this!

How long ago did you get this fitted?

You should've kept the reciept for your guarantee if you bought it off them.

barry81 wrote: »
    If you can get anyone to take out your radio and swap the two wires it'll only take a minute. Even a halfords employee should be able to manage this!

How long ago did you get this fitted?

would I be able to do this myself? just I didnt wanna be pulling apart the dash.

its not in it long at all. I only spotted it when i was going out to the car the other night and it was all lit up, being the idiot I am I was tryin to turn it off but realise I couldnt!

If anyone can do this little job for me tomorrow I'll fix them up with the price of a few drinks!

Just go back to halfords and they'll pop the radio out for you. After that it's simple. Theres two black fuse holders, one on the red wire and one on the orange wire. They twist open and you can just swap them over and pop the radio back in.

Where are you located in case someone does come on and offer to help you out?

Just be aware your stereo isn't removed in the normal way, the vents have to come out first and then there is 4 screws to remove the stereo. If you were anywhere near Tallaght I'd offer to do it but my tools aren't here

Onkle wrote: »
    Just be aware your stereo isn't removed in the normal way, the vents have to come out first and then there is 4 screws to remove the stereo.

I didn't think of that. Still had the old one in my head.

• Advertisement

Well that's why my avatar says 'Vag Whore' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

If your so pressed for time and worried about your batterry running flat while away would you not just disconnect the battery while away and then get it sorted when you're back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Alternatively you could just remove the fuse for the radio while you are away, that is surely within your skill range? No tools required, just info from your handbook or Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

barry81 wrote: »
    Just go back to halfords and they'll pop the radio out for you. After that it's simple. Theres two black fuse holders, one on the red wire and one on the orange wire. They twist open and you can just swap them over and pop the radio back in.

Where are you located in case someone does come on and offer to help you out?

No point swapping the red /orange wires. Both are live in an 07 Golf. It will be necessary to source a switched live from either the cigarette lighter or fuse box, and connect that to the ignition wire to the phone kit.

It wont take too long, but you may be better off paying someone who has some experience / knowledge, as you will need some wire, soldering iron, maybe some crimp connectors. Dont use Scotchlocks!

I guess if you knew that you wouldn't have paid Halfords and done it yourself.

Advertisement