Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem syncing Contacts to Hero

• 05-03-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've a problem syncing all my mobile numbers to my Hero. Had done so previously and all worked fine but recently with all my google contacts duplicating for some reason I wiped my phone of contact details.

Re-synced with Google and all good. Now trying to put my Windows Contacts numbers back on and when syncing to the PC it seems the Sync Manager doesn't see an contacts on the PC. Any ideas of the issue? Since I deleted off the phone does the Sync Manager think I wanted all contacts gone and won't re-import?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Try the sync settings on your pc, see if its copy to phone or to pc.

Make sure its copy to pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Yeah, I've tried all of those and nothing.

Seems it will add a new contact from the phone to the Contacts folder on PC so it obviously knows where it is. But for some reason it won't upload all the existing contacts in the folder to the phone, even when I create a new one in there that has never been on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Ok, fixed the problem. Probably a bit crude of a solution but how ever re-installing the Sync manager on the PC did the trick.

As an aside for anyone who hadn't twigged it (i hadn't until today!) you can stop all Google contacts showing up on your phone, i.e. everyone that's ever emailed you and restrict to people you have selected as My Contacts. Just go into Contacts widget, select Groups, Menu, Sync Groups and unclick 'Select all contacts'. Once 'My Contacts' is ticked these are the only ones that show up on the phone.

Advertisement