Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoos

Options
  • 06-03-2010 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi, i love tattoos and have 4 so far but i heard theres sometimes new tattooists who are not fully trained but are pretty good and still getting esperience

is there any of these here or does anyone know any?

reason is there abit costly since ive no job and would like to get afew basic ones on my back, dont have to be perfect detail as ive better ones on my chest although i got one on my upper arm really messes up and am actually ashamed/embarassed of it. became a total flop

of course il pay but thought they might be cheaper with someone whos still training, i travel by car a good bit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yeah one of my good mates is training now at the moment. Im after getting 1 so far off him. He has 18 up on his facebook that he has done so far. He has a good head on his shoulders. I picked out a tattoo and he doesnt think he could do it justice so he told me to wait until he can do it. He in waterford. If ya want just send me on what you want and ill show it to him. He wont mind doing it. This chap is better than he thinks he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Stacey.x

I would get a Jedward one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If the tattoo is basic I dont see a problem with getting it done by an apprentice. If you are in Dublin Rochie in Zulu is still apprenticing (sp?) AFAIK and his portfolio has some nice, fairly complex, pieces in it, better than some full-timers work I've seen. I'm not sure what his rates are but no harm calling the studio to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 RIODEJ

thanks lads,
    ya ill give him a call
    im in leitrim and dublin sometimes so waterford is abit out of the way

on another note, i hate tattooists who see a design and are so self righteous and say its crap and force their way of doing it which is mad as tattooing is often very subjective and the ink is only going on 1 person so its their opinion that matters. reason i say this is i got a crucifix under my heart during the week, had a nice sketch done up myself and wanted it in black. the lad reckoned it was crap even though it def wasnt so he recommened a brown very basic square one with a sort of burnt fading effect. being an artist and tattooist i thought he knew best so went along with him. should have had more bellef and meant with my own sketch. thats the prob with some lads, damn all belief or confidence in themselves so just listen to others. feel like an eejit abit, such a prick though, if someone wants a personal design they made the tattooist should just do the damn thing, maybe suggest it different but respect the clients opinion

what ye reckon lads?

Advertisement