Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW MMA rules!!!

• 06-03-2010 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Been reading a load off stuff (Rubbish) on thesed rules...... D, E, F, etc, do not exist, except for 6 -12 year olds. C Class has NO Shin pads, or heavy gloves, ( did you not see the documentry on sky, .... there is no diff, in any gloves, PROPER 4OZ MMA GLOVES ARE THE SAME AS 14OZ PRO BOXING GLOVES!!!!!)... C Class has no head shots on the ground or Knees alowd cept for when both fighter are standing, Pro B just means you can punch too the face/head when on the ground and pro A just add elbows! JEEEEESUS, how do people not know this by now?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

.... there is no diff, in any gloves, PROPER 4OZ MMA GLOVES ARE THE SAME AS 14OZ PRO BOXING GLOVES!!!!!)...

Apart from the weight and fingers ? ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I also saw The 25 stone man who ate his own head on Sky one night, should I believe that too?

I've yet to see any proper study done to compare the relative impact of gloves in MMA, and I'm not refreshing PubMed waiting on one to be released either. But in the absence of that I won't be relying on thrashy TV to do my thinking for me. I also won't be putting 14 year olds in to get their faces struck by 4oz gloves on the basis that Sky1 says it's okay.

Also, LOL at the 6-12 year old rules! They're just semi-pros then are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Been reading a load off stuff (Rubbish) on thesed rules...... D, E, F, etc, do not exist, except for 6 -12 year olds. C Class has NO Shin pads, or heavy gloves, ( did you not see the documentry on sky, .... there is no diff, in any gloves, PROPER 4OZ MMA GLOVES ARE THE SAME AS 14OZ PRO BOXING GLOVES!!!!!)... C Class has no head shots on the ground or Knees alowd cept for when both fighter are standing, Pro B just means you can punch too the face/head when on the ground and pro A just add elbows! JEEEEESUS, how do people not know this by now?:confused:

Think you've missed the point completely, even after reading all the rubbish. Different shows use different rules. They are not all the same and thats why it was being discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

Yawn! all your posts are negative and looking to pick a fight.

Also there hard to read as you don't use paragraphs.

There is no world organisation for MMA so there is no definite rules outlined for all classes, its at a promoters discretion what they use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

mickoo wrote: »
    Yawn! all your posts are negative and looking to pick a fight.

couldn't agree more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Be( did you not see the documentry on sky, .... there is no diff, in any gloves, PROPER 4OZ MMA GLOVES ARE THE SAME AS 14OZ PRO BOXING GLOVES!!!!!)... :confused:

You sir are hillarious! Judging from your forum name I doubt you have ever taken a punch from either of these weight of gloves.

Troll post is troll pot, move on people nothing to see here

Advertisement