Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rechargeable Battery

• 06-03-2010 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I have a rechargeable battery for my controller for my xbox. I hadn't played it in over a month and now when I go to recharge it it won't hold the charge. The light stays green and when I take the connection out it the controller goes dead. Did that happen to anyone else? S'pose I have to buy a new one :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

happened to me too a while back, i still use the battery pack but i keep my kit plugged it (like a wired controller) so if being wired doesn't bother you your grand
    If your buying a new one i suggest the orb ones xtravision do, about 16euro i think and you get two batteries and two chraging cables. I found that they charge quicker and its far handier having two batteries, but you do lose the play and charge ability cause the cables are so short so it's be up to yourself really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Same thing has happened to all mine, I have to leave the plug and play in and it charges up for a bit but then overnight it dies again. Kind of defeats the purpose of wireless controllers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There have been a few threads about this already... It should really be stickied tbh.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055815561

When the light goes green you need to unplug the cable then plug it in again, you'll have to repeat this 10-20 times (or more!) until the light remains lit red.
    Leave it plugged in for a few hours and you should be good to go then:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

funny enough this only started happening to me this week. i went and bought a replacement battery in HMV for 12euro and its all good again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

anyone have any experience with the ones of ebay? theres loads of them starting at about €4 for two from hong kong. complete knock offs but are they worth it? its the same price as a pack of batteries so i would have thought it might be...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have the orb one's myself.

+ having 2 is good as you have one ready to go all the time.
    - 3 months old and I'm getting about 3 or 4 days use out of them , granted I've been playing a lot recently. Still i guess 18 hours is about right for usage on a full charge no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    They are utter pieces of junk, I have three of them and you spend 95% of your time charging them. Not worth the hassle I am going to buy a official battery pack soon as they actually hold a charge.

but even if its just play and "charge would it not be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

tman wrote: »
    There have been a few threads about this already... It should really be stickied tbh.

When the light goes green you need to unplug the cable then plug it in again, you'll have to repeat this 10-20 times (or more!) until the light remains lit red.

seems this post was ignored, so i'll quote it.

this fixes the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

tman wrote: »

Cheers guys. The above worked. In fact, it only took 2 attempts and the red light stayed on. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I posted this a year ago now. Was hard to find the info online at the time but as others have pointed out it's cropped up a few times since.

Any mods around fancy another sticky?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59192605

• Advertisement
Advertisement