Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain not resolving... sometimes..

Options
  • 06-03-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I recently got a hold of a VPS package and moved a couple of websites over to it.
    However after the move, one website ( www.hokubudojo.org ) started behaving rather oddly... I can open the website with no problem at all and did so from home and college.
    But I've had reports that a "server/address not found" error comes up... Strangely, that doesn't happen to everybody.

Any idea what could be happening here? Any advice would be much appreciated, as this site needs to be up and fully functional asap... Although it's purely informational, we've had quite a lot of inquiries about the club, as a result of the website.

I'm using my own nameservers, if it makes much difference, and the website in question is pointing to all 3 of them.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Local DNS cache? Maybe worth flushing dns. ipconfig /flushdns

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Nope, I can still see the website. It took maybe half a second longer to load because it needed to resolve the DNS again, but still loaded.

Maybe I just have the Nameservers set incorrectly? Although I did follow a guide on how to set them up in the first place...
    The nameserver domain is registered with GoDaddy, and I added three hostnames NS1 - NS3, each pointing to one of the allocated IP addresses. There was however the option to add many more IP addresses to the host names..... :S
    Anyway, after they were set up, I pointed the domain itself to the newly created nameservers.

Any other domains I have, I pointed to all 3 nameservers.
    The IP addresses are set as shared at the moment. Is that correct, or should two of them be dedicated and serve purely as nameservers?

Advertisement