Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scanned photos only 300kb

• 06-03-2010 10:15am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello.
    I'm using a CanoScan to scan in some baby photos. I want to make a photo book from them. I'm currently uploading at 300dpi and the program tells me it will be 5mb but when I go to my Pictures folder and check the properties, it's only 300kb.
    I'm worried that a 300kb photo won't be good enough for a photo book.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my setting, so maybe someone can see where I'm going wrong.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

are the images being saved as jpeg?

it could be the compression setting of the jpeg

it looks from the settings as the size is the uncompressed size

try saving them as tiffs and then outputing from photoshop as jpegs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks for that. I had been using Photoshop before but someone said it wans't the right tool for the job, so I'd been scanning straight to Picasa. But that worked a charm. Thanks!

Advertisement