Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Asics Nimbus running shoes in Limerick

Options
  • 06-03-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I get a pair of Asicis Nimbus running shoes in Limerick (and how much?)

Cheers,
    Mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Try Gleesons or Elvery Sports.

Make sure though that they have the Nimbus 11 in stock and that they don't try to pass off the Nimbus 10 as the newest in the Nimbus series.

I use a pair of Nimbus 11s for distance running and they are a dream. Far far superior to the 10 series with only the Nike Zoom Vomero coming close for running distance.

I did not buy mine in Limerick though as I have found good quality running shoes to be horribly overpriced here.

I picked up my two pairs for £69.99 in Liverpool which I thought was a good price as many UK outlets have them at prices up to £84.99.

Have a feeling that they may be in the €130 to €140 bracket here.

Online may be your best bet.

heh should have been a bit clearer and said I picked up my two pairs for £69.99 each, just in case you thought I got two pairs for that. :)

Just had a look at the Elvery online store, and the men's Nimbus 11s are €125 plus €5.50 postage. They don't have the women's version listed but would imagine about the same price. As far as I know their website is meant to be slightly cheaper than their shops on stuff.

Scratch that they do have them in their ladies footwear section for €125 but they only stock them in silver with grape coloured strips.

http://www.buy4now.ie/elverys/aspx/shopping.aspx?loc=C&catid=6.1&sort=0&sdir=asc&pg=1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They are cheaper in Gleesons. Ask for Steve, he should help you out.

Although I got mine off eBay for about 90 euro incl delivery. Nimbus 11's FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I got my Nimbus in sportsworld above heatons for €60 in January. They were selling both the 10's and 11's for same price!!! I asked the guy working there how come that was and he didn't even know the difference. I use these runners and alternate them with Nike air pegasus and a pair of adidas for short runs and trails.

Anyway, make sure you shop around. When I picked up mine I was in the cresent same day and Elverys were selling them for €125!!!!:eek:

baza1976 wrote: »
    I got my Nimbus in sportsworld above heatons for €60 in January. They were selling both the 10's and 11's for same price!!! I asked the guy working there how come that was and he didn't even know the difference. I use these runners and alternate them with Nike air pegasus and a pair of adidas for short runs and trails.

Anyway, make sure you shop around. When I picked up mine I was in the cresent same day and Elverys were selling them for €125!!!!:eek:

€60 for 11s is a great price, sounds like they marked them up at the wrong price. No surprise to hear the salesguy knew nowt about them. Had similar experiences at Elvery Sports in the Parkway in the past. Would go in, head for the running shoes, and then a sales person would come up. I would ask about a particular runner and then maybe ask if they had anything else in of similar quality if it was not there, or ask a question about the difference between different ones, and get a line of bluff back.

Then a second customer asked a question about running shoes whilst I was still standing there, and the guy answered him with info that totally contradicted what he had told me about the same brand only moments beforehand.

Always get the impression that the place is full of people, whilst generally polite and nice bar a couple, who pretty much tell the customer what they want to hear about each product, rather than try to sell the person what they actually want/need and turn that person into a repeat customer.

Advertisement