Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Navan/Dunshauglin to Dublin

Options
  • 06-03-2010 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi folks, I am looking to buy in Navan or Dunshaughlin. I would prefer Dunshaughlin but prices there are very much over priced so I think I will end up in Navan, I am looking for peoples opinions on travel from these places to Dublin, be good or bad. I have seen a house that I really like at great price, but have to wonder if the commute would be worth it. I would also have to get one of those local bus services into Navan town centre in morning, and I know that they are not that regular anymore. Also I was told by an EA that there was a long term car park in Navan, but she wasnt sure where it was, does anybody know where this is, how much, is it big, does it fill up by a certain time. I think I would prefer to drive down and park here rather than get one of the local bus services. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Hi there did you look have a look at trim. Every estate is nearly walkable to the bus stop and its no further to dublin than navan. Property prices are pretty good aswell...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Plus Trim is nicer. In my extremely biased opinion.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

PauloMN wrote: »
    Plus Trim is nicer. In my extremely biased opinion.;)

As am i ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnjohn69

Yeah trim is nicer, ill believe it when i see it, trim will always play second fiddle, its the place to go if you want to be bored, navan to dunsaughlin is muc quicker and navan has better facilities.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

johnjohn69 wrote: »
    Yeah trim is nicer, ill believe it when i see it, trim will always play second fiddle, its the place to go if you want to be bored, navan to dunsaughlin is muc quicker and navan has better facilities.

Bigger <> Better.

Navan is close enough to me to avail of the shopping etc., but I like to be able to leave it when I go home.

Just how much quicker do you think Navan to Dunshaughlin is compared with Trim to Dunshaughlin as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnjohn69

You would make navan to dunny in about 15 minutes average but trim to dunny takes longer as its on a route that a lot of it is in speed restricted areas. They love speed checkpionts on that road too and are always out of sight. Navan way is quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TBH, My missus works in Tallaght hospital and the commute to Dublin from Navan is a nightmare at normal working hours 9-5. Luckily she leaves at 6 and finishes at 3 but the weeks she is in at 9am has to leave about 1hr and 30mins to get in at this time.

However with the new road things should be a hell of alot better soon, TBH I moved from the BIG SMOKE 6 yrs ago and would never go back. It has a hell of alot going for it and is wanting nothing (NAVAN) maybe except a bigger cinema and less one way streets.

If the price is right I would go for it....BTW Dunshaughlin should be bulldozed never seen such a god dam bottleneck :D

johnjohn69 wrote: »
    You would make navan to dunny in about 15 minutes average but trim to dunny takes longer as its on a route that a lot of it is in speed restricted areas. They love speed checkpionts on that road too and are always out of sight. Navan way is quicker.

Same time from Trim to Dunshaughlin R154 and R125 at speed limit imo. 10 mins from Trim to Drumree roundabout, 5 mins from there to Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

You dont go through Dunshaughlin if going from Trim to Dublin. You join the N3 at the fairyhouse junction. Its no more than 30 mins to Blanchardstown from Trim. Its a fair bit closer than Navan to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

another advantage of commuting from Trim is that you will have the option of avoiding the toll which I dont think will be as easy coming from Navan.

• Advertisement

kc66 wrote: »
    You dont go through Dunshaughlin if going from Trim to Dublin.

Yeah, was just pointing out to JohnJohn that Trim is not a longer drive from Dunshaughlin compared with Navan-Dunshaughlin.

Advertisement