Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Boardeaux V Rocco Rovers, Monday 8th, Wesley College at 9.15.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

will we have another one say in 2 weeks?

Hold off on organising that, Full Irish are organising a friendly for that week, or the week after, I've to wait for them to get back to me on dates etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

i have to agree with Ed that it was a good run out and there was no bad tackling and it was a free flowing game.

but there was two things i did notice from were i was and it was from goal kicks and how rocco lined up for them. when i was kicking them out dan and his centre half were pushing up and were nearly up the arse of the two centre midfielders and when rocco were kicking out there two forwards or one of them were dropping back into the midfield supporting the centre midfielders. is there any chance dan could get the centre half that played along side him last night to come down to boards.

i would also like to say one other thing coming away from last nights game totally different issue and it is the summer league i have noticed since i started playing for boards and every league we have been put into and when fixtures are announced we talk ourselves up saying that there are only so many decent teams in the league and i personally think that is our down fall in the seasons that i have been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mall10357 wrote: »
    but there was two things i did notice from were i was and it was from goal kicks and how rocco lined up for them. when i was kicking them out dan and his centre half were pushing up and were nearly up the arse of the two centre midfielders and when rocco were kicking out there two forwards or one of them were dropping back into the midfield supporting the centre midfielders. is there any chance dan could get the centre half that played along side him last night to come down to boards.

we keep that simple really. we do win a huge amount of possession from kick outs, its primary ball and its the ball you need to win. we need to work on our throw ins though, its a weak point for us.i would think 90% of our throws last nite were foul throws. saying that, our second goal came from a quick throw from LB to the strikers and we worked it very quickly to the man running through from midfield.

i think its down purely to putting your best headers in the areas where the ball is going to land. Ivan would aim most of his kick outs towards the strikers which is normally me, art and darran. depending on his range, which is about 50 metres, thats where we would position ourselves.

as regards defending them, that comes down to how tight the center halves are marking and wed told them to keep tight on Jules and who ever else was up there for the kick outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Mall10357 wrote: »

We had no pace at the back last night so I think people were worried about being exposed. We definitely need another option at centre half though.

Advertisement