Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open Door

• 06-03-2010 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Open-Door/388738864837?v=wall

Please add this page as a friend and try and get your friends to do the same.

It's a second hand shop working on behalf of the Simon Community.

At present they have hundreds of second hand clothes and books and things like that...all at crazy low prices (think everything is €2 at the moment) I myself brought in two big boxes of books last week...books i paid 20 and 30 quid for are now €2 haha.

Seriously though, it's a great cause (My mother works in the shop) so would appreciate your support.

Go in and tell them that you read about it online (facebook or boards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,685 ✭✭✭✭looksee

But where is it? On the link the pic suggests it is on George's street but they don't actually give the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This is from the overview from that link:

Company Overview:The Open Door is a shop, located on Michael Street in Waterford City (next door to Paddy Power bookmakers), that sells all kinds of second hand merchandise from clothes to books to DVDs and household goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

joined now and all. Did they catch anyone for robbing the money from that simon place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

seanybiker wrote: »
    joined now and all. Did they catch anyone for robbing the money from that simon place?
    joined too. How come you have a gun pointed at the corner of my monitor? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

old gregg wrote: »
    joined too. How come you have a gun pointed at the corner of my monitor? :D
    Im trying to shoot the on/off button for the laugh.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.

I bought some great blankets that I use for my dog's bed..1 euro.

Not sure about the thieves seany...can only hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

someone i know has passed away, there are some items of clothing and houshold items all clean (although i would say they launder clothes that they get???) i was looking for a charity to give them to so i guess this is one that i can use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

don,t forget to buy your promo denny products and txt the code coz ten cent goes to help the simon community and you could win a 20 voucher for breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheOpenDoor

Hi

I'm Derbhile and I'm a volunteer with The Open Door. I'm in charge of their online presence. I set up a new profile for The Open Door on Facebook. Just search for OpenDoor Waterford. There'll be posts there about happenings in the shop and where your money goes.

And the shop is on 41 Michael Street, opposite Shoe Rack for any locals.

Thanks for your interest.

Derbhile

First time I've ever been sacked as a volunteer. Lol

best of luck with it Derbhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

ive been in a couple of times, but to be honest the selection of clothes is not great. when it opened first it was on nationwide (i think) and gave the immpression you might pick up some vintage or ectlectic items, but thats not what ive seen on the racks. to be fair i suppose a charity shop can only sell whats donated but the cancer shop on the quay would have a much better selection.

this is also true for books. (and i buy most of my books in second hand shops)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Getting page not found on that link lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sully wrote: »
    Getting page not found on that link lads?

abouttobebanned had setup a Facebook page (in the OP) but this Derbhile person has set up another one instead. I'd say abouttobebanned got rid of his one.

That's it exactly.

In fairness to them they just wanted someone in house running the page for them. They asked me to take down mine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That's it exactly.

In fairness to them they just wanted someone in house running the page for them. They asked me to take down mine.

So, eh, how does one join the new page? :S

I presume you have to search for open door Waterford?

I presume you have to search for open door Waterford?

Nothing came up when I tried that (well, with that or similar name)

I was on the phone earlier so couldn't really try properly. Just tried there and nothing showed up. I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon. :)

(I'm getting really good at this diplomacy thing btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheOpenDoor

Hi

Sorry I knocked you out of your job, abouttobebanned. I was asked to maintain the page, but then realised I couldn't do it using your login details. Now the old page is gone and there's a profile instead, called OpenDoor Waterford, which makes it easier for me to put up posts, rather than keep having to go back to you every time.

Derbhile

You're fine :)

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement