Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI ad - first time buyers - misleading?! Note the small print!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

it doesn't say 100 mortgages approved,it says applicants!

most mortages are going to have a couple of people applying rather than a single person

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

punchdrunk wrote: »
    it doesn't say 100 mortgages approved,it says applicants!

most mortages are going to have a couple of people applying rather than a single person

Yeah all a bit confusing isn't it........?

Some might even say.......misleading?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

amdublin wrote: »
    Yeah all a bit confusing isn't it........?

Some might even say.......misleading?

How is it misleading though?
    it clearly states it, if you don't understand it thats a seperate matter, I understand it

Just an update on my complaint to the ASAI re the ad.

This is the gist of the reply I got from them:
    In keeping with our normal practice we forwarded your complaint (without disclosing your identity) to Bank of Ireland and asked for comments. In reply, Bank of Ireland stated that the matter was under investigation by the Financial Regulator. The ASAI does not duplicate the work of other bodies therefore we are unable to pursue this matter further."

Will keep you updated on results of Financial Regulator investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

amdublin wrote: »
    Just an update on my complaint to the ASAI re the ad.

This is the gist of the reply I got from them:
    "In keeping with our normal practice we forwarded your complaint (without disclosing your identity) to Bank of Ireland and asked for comments. In reply, Bank of Ireland stated that the matter was under investigation by the Financial Regulator. The ASAI does not duplicate the work of other bodies therefore we are unable to pursue this matter further."

Will keep you updated on results of Financial Regulator investigation.

Um, yes, we knew that already. The regulator gets all the figures anyway. Looks like the ASAI, rightly, gave you a PFO.

• Advertisement

dotsman wrote: »
    Um, yes, we knew that already. The regulator gets all the figures anyway. Looks like the ASAI, rightly, gave you a PFO.

Um, who are "we"?

And how did "we" know this already?

You'd take that as a PFO? :confused:

I'd take it that it is under investigation already so there is no point in them duplicating the work/investigation ie. await the results of the regulator.

Advertisement