Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology exam copy??

Options
  • 06-03-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm probably going to come across as really stupid here but can someone tell me exactly what i have to do for biology practicals?:)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

happyfish wrote: »
    I'm probably going to come across as really stupid here but can someone tell me exactly what i have to do for biology practicals?:)
    Thanks!
    practicals?
    what you have to know for exeriments is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

DC09 wrote: »
    practicals?
    what you have to know for exeriments is it?
    That's it. All of them written up with diagram, method etc boring etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

ok thanks!:D
    when does that have to be in for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You don't hand it in, it's not like junior cert. But you could be inspected

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

they only inspect sometimes, you just gotta know them for the exam itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

Lawliet wrote: »
    You don't hand it in
    i was getting worried there for a second:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does a teacher not have to sign a declaration saying they were done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

spurious wrote: »
    Does a teacher not have to sign a declaration saying they were done?
    Well, I've never heard anything about the teacher having to sign a declaration. I suppose they might have to, but as far as I know they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

you have to know them all anyways....section b on the paper is on experiments....3 come up and you have to answer 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I hope you don't have to declare your experiments. I'm doing chemistry outside school (not doing any experiments) so, yeah, it'll be a bit annoying if they inspect me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

For physics I was told by a very well respected teacher that you have to have all your experiments written up to be inspected. Inspection is rare, and the school recieves something like two weeks' notifice before an inspector arrives, but if you don't have them done, you don't lose marks from your paper: it simply isn't graded. Yeah, an NG. Presumably it's the same story for all of the lab. sciences. Harsh, I know.
    I'm not sure about signing off on anything, my teacher didn't look at my work at any stage last year to sign anything. The best advice I can give you is to write all of the biology experiments up, either on sheets or in an experiment copy, with any relevant graphs, etc. It's something you need to study anyway, so even though it's incredibly unlikely you'll be inspected, there's no harm in doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

zam wrote: »
    I hope you don't have to declare your experiments. I'm doing chemistry outside school (not doing any experiments) so, yeah, it'll be a bit annoying if they inspect me...

well you should be learning them anyway because theres questions on them on the paper?
    buy one of those experiment books and write them up in that just incase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JennyBean1

The whole experiment copy for JC is gone now its a portfolio now where they write them up under certain headings (Bit easier) Thankfully we dont have to hand anything up!! Id think id die!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

JennyBean1 wrote: »
    The whole experiment copy for JC is gone now its a portfolio now where they write them up under certain headings (Bit easier) Thankfully we dont have to hand anything up!! Id think id die!!

Ha, oh god. I remember doing that, well not really I suppose. I never bothered to do those experiments and on my JC results sheet thing it said I never showed up for paper 2 for it. Presumably they mean the experiments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JennyBean1

Ha, oh god. I remember doing that, well not really I suppose. I never bothered to do those experiments and on my JC results sheet thing it said I never showed up for paper 2 for it. Presumably they mean the experiments :D

Ya i was wondering cause we didnt have a paper 2 for the JC:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

JennyBean1 wrote: »

That's wrong (for this year at least: I'm doing my JC now). We have to hand up our experiment copies and do coursework B which we write under headings. :)

Advertisement