Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor run for Guinea Pigs

Options
  • 06-03-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, anybody got any designs or good sources of information on building an outdoor run for Guinea Pigs?

I've seen some triangular mesh wire photos around the internet, but can't understand how you manage to retrieve the guinea pigs without risk of them running off in an instant.

Looking to put something together myself with elementary diy skills.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Something like this perhaps, we built one half the size as well. You access it from the top by opening a top door and reaching in, or stepping into it yourself. Reaching in does the job you really only have to access it when changing things around of giving it a really good clean.
    Can't find a pic. at the mo of the smaller one but it's basically a timber frame rectangle shape, 6 foot long, about 2 feet wide and 2 and half feet high. With 1/4 inch aviary wire around it..that's the expensive part but 1/4 inch does keep the rodents out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sabiki2

Thanks for that. It looks quite big, will prob go for a light-weight more portable version to move around the garden a bit easier.
    Brought the kids to the library and picked up a great selection of books. Attaching one picture of a run which I may attempt to have a go at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh that one was a real pain to move around the garden, the one we made that was half the size was much more moveable and pretty light because it was just wood and wire.

A frame type ones look nice in the garden but hubby was cursing so much making the rectangular ones I couldn't persuade him to make an A frame.

The one in the pic looks a bit small though, but probably wouldn't be difficult just to add longer pieces of wood to the run section.

Advertisement