If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers

Options
  • 06-03-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi

Missed the Boston cube deals but am looking for 2 outdoor speakers (black) which will be on wall. Also need 2 speakers for hall. Again wall hang (corner) and in White (and small). Anything suitable available (and reasonable).

John.

PS ye don't carry Sonos systems per chance?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

higster wrote: »
    Hi

Missed the Boston cube deals but am looking for 2 outdoor speakers (black) which will be on wall. Also need 2 speakers for hall. Again wall hang (corner) and in White (and small). Anything suitable available (and reasonable).

John.

PS ye don't carry Sonos systems per chance?

Higster,

where the heck have you been all this time - we have not seen you around for ages - We thought you had crossed over to the dark side!

Of course we do sonos - have a look at the range here: http://www.richersounds.com/search/sonos

On the external speaker front - yep sorry you missed the Bostons they were a cracker of a deal but Greedy Tony snaffled them 1st...

I do have a couple of excellent ARTSOUND ASW55 in White which are dedicated outdoor speakers including brackets that should retail at £199.95 which I can do brand new boxed at just £139.95 / pair for you - I have attached the specs below.

Alternatively I have the Monitor Audio Climate 10 in white - again brand new that I can do at £149.95/Pair again including brackets - these retail at over £200 everywhere in the UK so £149.95 is a completely bonkers price!

Keep me posted if either of these are suitable for you,

Welcome Back!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Thanks for the reply John.

The Climate 10's are very very very tempting but a tad more than I was going to spend...budget for outdoor speakers €150 max (and would prefer to spend less, won't be used too often with our weather and will be background rather than serious listening)....have you anything in this price range (hence the boston cubes would have ben spot on)?

Anything for the indoor speakers you sould suggest (has to be white and small). Its for the (large) hallway but again would not be used too often (more party music than sitting listening)...budger max €100 but again anything cheaper and decent would be a bonus.

Thanks,
    John.

PS Anythinhg you can do on the Sonos ZP120? WIll be in the market for 2 over the next year....

John,

Finding it impossible to resist the climate 10's...whats best you can do & how much to deliver to Limerick/Shannon area?
    I'll pm on my details.

Any suggestions for indoor/hall wall corner speakers (do you have any of the boston acoustics?)?

Thanks.

Bump

Bump

Hig - apologies for the delay - PM sent!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Lads,

Got speakers bang on when promised...look deadly...weekend project now to get them hooked p to sonos system.

Now next one....any recommendations for hallway speakers? Again, not going to be used much so need to be reasonable...and wife insists on white, small and discrete (needs to be at most 1/2 size of climate 10's).

Was thinking something along the lines of JBL Control 1's??

Thanks,
    John

Lads,

Got speakers bang on when promised...look deadly...weekend project now to get them hooked p to sonos system.

Now next one....any recommendations for hallway speakers? Again, not going to be used much so need to be reasonable...and wife insists on white, small and discrete (needs to be at most 1/2 size of climate 10's).

Was thinking something along the lines of JBL Control 1's??

Thanks,
    John

Higs,

glad those speakers went well - mmm, thats a bit of a difficult one - we only do the JBL Control 1 in Silver at the moment so that rules them out - I think that the best option will either be the Monitor Audio Radius 45HD in Piano White which are seriously tiny at just 100*100*100mm - these come including brackets and whilst they are not cheap - they really are beautifully built - they normally retail at £169.95 / £179.95 - I can do a Boardie special on them at £129.95.

If the style police would look at something a bit larger then the Vector V10 are also available in white (they look really great in white actually) and we can do them at a crazy £99.95 / pair - they measure 235*145*170 (about the same size as the Control Ones.

Keep me posted!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cwrenn

Hi John,

Sorry for bumping this, but didn't want to start a new thread on the same topic!

Am looking for external speakers, and wondering if you are still able to do a deal on those Monitor Climate 10s?!

Ciarán

cwrenn wrote: »
    Hi John,

Sorry for bumping this, but didn't want to start a new thread on the same topic!

Am looking for external speakers, and wondering if you are still able to do a deal on those Monitor Climate 10s?!

Ciarán

Ciaran,

yep - much againt my better judgement I can still do the Climate 10's at £149.95 a pair for Boardies - they are really superb speakers and they sound great & go S E R I O U S L Y loud!

Keep me posted if you would like to snaffle a pair or two..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,Thanks for the quick response! Need to persuade the missus, will be back onto you by the end of the week hopefully!Will send you a PM either way.Ciarán

• Advertisement

just a quick thanks to John for his help, and speediness and courtesy with which he dealt with me.picking up speakers during the week, and looking forward to getting them hooked up!

cwrenn wrote: »
    just a quick thanks to John for his help, and speediness and courtesy with which he dealt with me.....

:confused: ....CWrenn - are you in the wrong forum here :confused:

Thanks for the kind works - Much appreciated!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Just as a footnote on the thread. These speakers are excellent! I've some p#%}ed of neighbours but it is so worth it. Thanks for the recommendation lads.

Just as a footnote on the thread. These speakers are excellent! I've some p#%}ed of neighbours but it is so worth it. Thanks for the recommendation lads.

Higs - thanks for that / Cwrenn http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66845571#post66845571 Have a look at this (it will annoy The higs :D) There is a set of the Climate 10's in a small Open box sale at a really crazy price in as new condition!

Thanks again guys, esp the higs for taking the time to post!

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.