Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the countries game

Options
  • 06-03-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

i played this game today where we sat in a circle and just named random countries, but there was 1 person who knew the rule but he wouldnt tell anybody. he said the rule was really simple and we would kick ourselves when we figured it out!

if anyone could share some light on the game i would be very grateful!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

:eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

is this on PC/Console, or is it on a portable handheld device :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

So a group of ye played a game and only 1 person knew the actual rule.

Can I have some of whatever you were on at the time?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

oh right, it was a LAN

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joyle

there was no LAN or anything!!
    just a simple talkin game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

The country couldn't be named twice?

Or you couldn't hesitate/think before answering?

Why did the loser lose? That'd be your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The last letter of the country, was the first letter of the next country named, i.e

Ireland
    Denmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joyle

i tried that last letter thing.. didnt work.. there was no loser..it didnt matter if u hesitated and a country could be named twice but it was right the 1st time and not the 2nd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

joyle wrote: »
    there was no LAN or anything!!
    just a simple talkin game!!

:confused: - talkin game, like with no computer? :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The country game we play needs drink but you start at A and go around. last person who can't get an A gets a shot. If there are no A's left it's half a shot. Each person get's one minute. Get's great towards the end as the stupider ones get absolutely demolished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Was he saying "em" or "um" before every country? So "em... Ireland" would be right, but if the next person tried to follow up with "China" they'd be wrong? And he could have said "um... pineapple," but the countries thing was just to throw you. I think I've seen something similar... Usually 2 or 3 others figure it out, then everyone except one person is doing it and the last person gets frustrated. He must have looked pretty stupid on his own though...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

passive wrote: »
    Was he saying "em" or "um" before every country? So "em... Ireland" would be right, but if the next person tried to follow up with "China" they'd be wrong? And he could have said "um... pineapple," but the countries thing was just to throw you. I think I've seen something similar... Usually 2 or 3 others figure it out, then everyone except one person is doing it and the last person gets frustrated. He must have looked pretty stupid on his own though...

This is the solution, played this game soo many times and its hilarious to watch people trying to figure it out. Usually works better when theres more than 1 person in the group that knows the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

IMO i wouldnt play a game unless the rules were stated first !
    Games need to be fair otherwise i could start some random game and ask you to drink a truck load of shots, stupid !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wow, just wow, not the thread I was expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

passive wrote: »

I was introduce to that game when abroad on holiday. Trying to figure out the bs win-condition proved impossible - I blame the language barrier, not the tequila.... NEVER the tequila.

Advertisement