Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves vs. Man United Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If Rooney isn't back for Wednesday then we can just say goodbye to the champions league!

Looking very true after today.
    Awful performance from United.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can't ever afford to leave out Fletcher and Rooney for the same game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ok, fhew. Totally undeserved.

Ultimately, 3 points, without our 2 best players, don't give a ****. Milan is going to be tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

A vital 3pts considering we were Rooney-less and generally sh1te.

How many brainfarts has Carrick had this season?? Fookin hell he nearly gave them a goal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Well we played ****e there but the 3 points is what counts.

Back where we belong at the summit!

And Carrick should be shot in the balls for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ok, fhew. Totally undeserved.

Ultimately, 3 points, without our 2 best players, don't give a ****. Milan is going to be tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Poor performance, but 3 points and top of the league. Utd pretty much doing what the do best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Holy jesus. That was sqeeky bum time if there ever was. Vokes should have won the game for Wolves, never mind earn a draw. Heart in mouth on both occasions. Great win today, puts us back top which I am absolutely delighted with. Hopefully Rooney is back for Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If Rooney isn't back for Wednesday then we can just say goodbye to the champions league!

Ah come on. We were ****e today but have a goal lead against Milan plus away goals. Knee jerk reaction me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

OPENROAD wrote: »
    meant for Wolves really, terrible miss, should have scored, 9/10 you score those.

I know what you were saying - i disagree.

Wolves were not unlucky to score there. the ball didn't hit a hit both posts and come out, he just blasted it over. it was a shockingly bad attempt - it was pure crap from Vokes.

°°°°°

There has to be serious questions asked about the severity of this injury Berbatov is supposedly carrying after today.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Typically United performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

So disappointed by the performance today, I was reall hoping this could firmly dispell the critics who think we're a one-man team, but after that I can only see that opinion gaining a lot more credibility. It's a frightening prospect that the choice of being League champions and being THAT is resting on the shoulders of one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Seemingly there was 55 throw-ins !

21 - Wolves
    34 - United

Never usually look over that particular stat but it seems ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

keano_afc wrote: »
    Typically United performance.

?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I keep hearing commentators & pundits saying Berba had a great game, am i missing something because I thought he was poor

°°°°°

redout wrote: »
    Seemingly there was 55 throw-ins !

21 - Wolves
    34 - United

Never usually look over that particular stat but it seems ridiculous.

Usually an indication that the match wasn't great (ie, good defensive performnaces and poor attacking ones) when the ball is going out fro that many throw in's.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Headshot wrote: »
    I keep hearing commentators & pundits saying Berba had a great game, am i missing something because I thought he was poor

He did some good things but they were mostly inconsequential as oppossed to important.
    He was poor over all, it was a laboured perfromance from a player who looks like he's carrying an injury.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Headshot wrote: »

I thought he did well when he got on the ball, played a few nice passes and created some opportunities for others.

However he is clearly not someone who can play up top on his own as he just doesn't work enough to carry out a role that requires a massive amount.

We inVoked our get out of jail card in that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Berba did have a good game

he was up top on his own against a very spirited wolves defence and he did very well considering Valencia wasnt great and Nani was back to his old self

Carrick was atrocious i thought

I honestly dont think Rooney being up there on his own today would have made that much of a difference, Wolves were excellent in terms of pressurising and hassling us

We got the result, thats all that matters really

the performance wasnt vintage, but when you go away to a team like Wolves your gonna be hard pressed to humiliate them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

carlop wrote: »

We inVoked our get out of jail card in that match.

I'll get your coat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fùck me that was a horrible performance.

Carrick and Gibson were absolutely atrocious.

I thought Berba, Nani and Valencia did fine considering the circumstances. Berbatov was always going to suffer playing without a strike partner and he and the wingers (plus MBD when he came on) were living off scraps all day because of the gaping whole in our central midfield.

Scholes saved us today, no doubt, with his lovely goal but he's too old now to be able to carry the likes of those other two CMs. It's a joke that we can't hold onto the ball against a team like Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Only caught the first half, and by what I saw, I was damn glad I was going football training myself. By the comments here, it looks as if I didn't miss much.

G'man Scholesy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

mars bar wrote: »
    Only caught the first half, and by what I saw, I was damn glad I was going football training myself. By the comments here, it looks as if I didn't miss much.

G'man Scholesy! :D

on the contrary!

you missed Scholes 100th Prem goal and you missed Wolves playing with 4 strikers and just going for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kryogen wrote: »
    on the contrary!

you missed Scholes 100th Prem goal and you missed Wolves playing with 4 strikers and just going for it!

That's mean. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

How in the name of God did yer man Vokes miss that chance at the end?

Almost as bad as some of Bendtners were today.

Advertisement