Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

I'd say Oilgate is not bypassed deliberately to act as traffic calming

And as a reason to build the next section of N11...clever planning. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'd say Oilgate is not bypassed deliberately to act as traffic calming

I don't follow this - IIRC the section of N11 south of Oilgate is fairly wide and fast, why would it need traffic calming?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

loyatemu wrote: »
    I don't follow this - IIRC the section of N11 south of Oilgate is fairly wide and fast, why would it need traffic calming?

Agreed, no need to bypass it on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

loyatemu wrote: »

You'ld have traffic coming off a motorway onto a WS2 road, and it would still travel along at motorway speeds.
    Having a village in the way will slow the traffic down, and it will travel slower leaving towards Ferrycarrig.

You'ld have traffic coming off a motorway onto a WS2 road, and it would still travel along at motorway speeds.
    Having a village in the way will slow the traffic down, and it will travel slower leaving towards Ferrycarrig.

The WS2 road is 100km/h and straight - it's not exactly the Ballinamesda Bends. Stick a speed camera there if its a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Personally, I don't think the N11/N25 south of Oilgate needs upgrading. Perhaps dualling the Wexford ring road but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Arup and RPS lined up to do the Contractor's design

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think the N11/N25 south of Oilgate needs upgrading. Perhaps dualling the Wexford ring road but that's it.

Kyle Cross is lethal and the way the climbing lanes merge at the turnoff for Wexford Youth's pitch and Crossabeg are a pileup waiting to happen.Added to that there's far too many 60 & 70kph muppets crawling along the middle of the road along there causing tailbacks and dangerous overtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I hear they are setting up depot near the roundabout at scarawalsh, North of Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

vicwatson wrote: »
    I see they are setting up depot near the roundabout at scarawalsh, North of Enniscorthy.

Any even small-level excavation along the route yet?

• Advertisement

Not that I've heard, cant be too long now?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Any even small-level excavation along the route yet?

It's not the best part of year to start ground works.

I wouldn't expect any serious movement before spring and some drier weather.

The Arklow-Beehive scheme was very slow getting going. They only cut down vegetation the first winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

Work was supposed to start on this project in January.

Any sign of clearing work or digging along the mainline yet ?

All I've seen on a recent visit at Christmas is a few orange signs and some plant behind the hedges at the roundabout near enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

VR6 wrote: »
    Work was supposed to start on this project in January.

Any sign of clearing work or digging along the mainline yet ?

All I've seen on a recent visit at Christmas is a few orange signs and some plant behind the hedges at the roundabout near enniscorthy.

Article in today's paper
    https://www.google.ie/url?q=http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/work-on-230m-new-ross-bypass-due-to-begin-in-march-1.2511406&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiqrKK8wMjKAhXGlA8KHZMHCxwQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNGwbJsbtAwoF0X7RO5sn_Gpi65tGA

Theo Cullinane, BAM Ireland chief executive, said the deal marks the next phase of its investment in transport links to the southeast. “This has been a priority for BAM as this deal follows on from our reaching the financial close on the M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP project last October. Construction activity began on that project this month,” he said

Looks like its in action

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

vicwatson wrote: »
    Looks like its in action

I thought they weren't seperate PPP's? So why different signing dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Reuben1210 wrote:
    I thought they weren't seperate PPP's? So why different signing dates?

They were split a few years ago

The new compound as Scarawalsh.

4a8bf7ca9056646d14016a1487887c21.jpg

Bit blurred but thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Looks like a watercolour :)

"L'Impression de Scaralwalsh" Claude O'Monet (oil on canvas)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

The reason oilgate wasn't bypassed was there were plans for a second bridge across the slaney closer to Wexford. The route to it wasn't known at the time the M11 went to planning so NRA decided to stop it at Scarawalsh. The last bridge on the M11 G2E scheme was lengthened to account for a future tie in to the next scheme

VR6 wrote: »
    "L'Impression de Scaralwalsh" Claude O'Monet (oil on canvas)

Lol,:)

The joys of using a phone camera on a misty morning from across the valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Was I hearing things or did paul kehoe announce on south east radio that oilgate is going to be bypassed and included in the enniscorthy bypass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Was I hearing things or did paul kehoe announce on south east radio that oilgate is going to be bypassed and included in the enniscorthy bypass?

Don't mind that clown, as they say in Dublin, "a muppet"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

jca wrote: »
    Don't mind that clown, as they say in Dublin, "a muppet"

Was it true though? I think they were saying that it'll be a motorway from below oilgate to Belfast.

Was it true though? I think they were saying that it'll be a motorway from below oilgate to Belfast.

they're tunnelling under Oilgate?

There's no motorway from Lisburn to Dundalk.

• Advertisement

There's no motorway from Lisburn to Dundalk.

or from Ashford to Bray.

Advertisement