Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's a bit extreme!

I go this way....

juOyFI7.jpg

Turn off at Scarawalsh Roundabout onto the N80 and take the first left, follow the signs for Monart Spa and take a left at the entrance to it then swing right just on the turn at Doyles Pub (The Still) and in 500 yards you are on the N30 after bypassing Enniscorthy altogether.

For anyone heading to Wexford,take the left turn before Scarawalsh Bridge and follow the road on and keep right following the river and you'll end up in Templeshannon,you might get held up there for 2 or 3 minutes compared to the 45-60 minutes on the N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

When's E t finishing of this project?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭blindsider

zerks wrote: »
    Turn off at Scarawalsh Roundabout onto the N80 and take the first left, follow the signs for Monart Spa and take a left at the entrance to it then swing right just on the turn at Doyles Pub (The Still) and in 500 yards you are on the N30 after bypassing Enniscorthy altogether.

For anyone heading to Wexford,take the left turn before Scarawalsh Bridge and follow the road on and keep right following the river and you'll end up in Templeshannon,you might get held up there for 2 or 3 minutes compared to the 45-60 minutes on the N11.

When you get to the 'German roundabout' (Lidl/Aldi), take the 1st exit. Follow your nose for 2-3km and it takes you, via a slightly more direct route, to the Still.

As well as being a shorter route, you miss traffic at the Vocational School and the right turn at The Still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Patww79 wrote: »
    Might not be too bad heading down but I prefer to avoid the town altogether on the way back up from Wexford, especially so as not to go near this absolute free-for-all.

wwdq2o.jpg

That free for all as you call it could be very easily solved if everyone only had to give way to the right. Traffic coming down from spring valley having to stop and give way to traffic approaching from the left is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

blindsider wrote: »
    When you get to the 'German roundabout' (Lidl/Aldi), take the 1st exit. Follow your nose for 2-3km and it takes you, via a slightly more direct route, to the Still.

As well as being a shorter route, you miss traffic at the Vocational School and the right turn at The Still.

I meant the road from Scarawalsh to the end of Milehouse,through Coolnahorna-you avoid the town altogether,especially the free for all outside St.Aidans school.Plus you get a birds eye view of the new site compound,that's where I took the photo I posted of it from.

vicwatson wrote: »
    When's E t finishing of this project?

3 Years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭blindsider

I meant the road from Scarawalsh to the end of Milehouse,through Coolnahorna-you avoid the town altogether,especially the free for all outside St.Aidans school.Plus you get a birds eye view of the new site compound,that's where I took the photo I posted of it from.

Ahhh - gotcha.....hat'd be the way to go alright.

Patww79 wrote: »

That bridge is going,new one to be built just past the Riverside Hotel.Part of the new flood defence plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

From The People

County Manager Tom Enright said he received approval from Transport Infrastructure Ireland that the project could proceed beyond Oylegate.

Mr Enright said a 200 metre wide corridor will be built east of Oylegate, adding that it is unlikely to be completed until after the bypass is finished.
    ‘We have to CPO the lands and go to tender for the contractor..."

That bridge is going,new one to be built just past the Riverside Hotel.Part of the new flood defence plan.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one zerks. I think Enniscorthy will see many a flood before anythings done.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

jd wrote: »
    From The People

I wonder will that be motorway also. Makes sense to keep it the same standard (future-proofing etc..), and did it mention how long that additional section would be?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    I wonder will that be motorway also. Makes sense to keep it the same standard (future-proofing etc..), and did it mention how long that additional section would be?:D

I think the original Oilgate-Rosslare plan was 2+2 dual carriageway. Traffic levels aren't that high beyond Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

loyatemu wrote: »
    I think the original Oilgate-Rosslare plan was 2+2 dual carriageway. Traffic levels aren't that high beyond Enniscorthy.

But if you are putting in 2+2 as per a previous design, why not continue the motorway standard? The E-01 i think has to eventually be motorway anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

loyatemu wrote: »

I stand open to correction on this but I suspect traffic levels are higher past Oilgate than they are/will be on sections of several motorways...M18/M17 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

13042 AADT in 2015 which was a ~5% growth on 2014, 2016 guessed figures are worthless this far in to the year.

Sections of the M9 are just over 10k.

loyatemu wrote:

The design wasn't finalised before the project was suspended. It could be all motorway, or for example motorway as far as the first Wexford exit and then 2+2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    But if you are putting in 2+2 as per a previous design, why not continue the motorway standard? The E-01 i think has to eventually be motorway anyway?
    The UN impose no obligation on any state to ban bikes and tractors.... ;)

There's 3/4 non motorway sections on the route, which have been upgraded to not-motorway status
    N11 Newtownmountkennedy to Bray
    N1 Dundalk to Armagh & A1 Louth to Lisburn
    A12 Westlink

jd wrote: »
    The design wasn't finalised before the project was suspended. It could be all motorway, or for example motorway as far as the first Wexford exit and then 2+2.

The route corridor was finalised though right?

• Advertisement

300 meter corridor, but not beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Project website is launched, I'm not sure if anyone already posted:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/

They already published Q1 newsletter:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/01-m11-Enniscorthy-newsletter-Print.pdf

Not much on those sites yet, I would like them to post some more detail maps.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Geogregor wrote: »
    Project website is launched, I'm not sure if anyone already posted:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/

They already published Q1 newsletter:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/01-m11-Enniscorthy-newsletter-Print.pdf

Not much on those sites yet, I would like them to post some more detail maps.
    Cheers for the link Geogregor.

No mention of the Oilgate bypass section.

Only being done after this project is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Motorways rob people though, surely locals will be out campaigning against its construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Motorways rob people though, surely locals will be out campaigning against its construction.

???
    Is it some drunken statement or some Irish joke which, as a foreigner, I don't get?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Geogregor wrote: »
    ???
    Is it some drunken statement or some Irish joke which, as a foreigner, I don't get?

Enda Kenny last week said that motorways were partly responsible for the rise in rural crime and robberies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

marno21 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny last week said that motorways were partly responsible for the rise in rural crime and robberies.
    Enda Kenny says a lot of things. Some of them even don't get him in trouble. :P

Falcon L wrote: »
    Enda Kenny says a lot of things. Some of them even don't get him in trouble. :P

When he tries to sound like Martin Luther King it makes me laugh, he's such a cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: This is not the politics forum. Mentioning politicians as above will receive bans. On topic please.

Advertisement