Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Motorways rob people though, surely locals will be out campaigning against its construction.

The time for campaigning is over, there was a process completed. Now it's construction time

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

Any pics of progress to date anyone ?

I guess they are only starting to put fences up and clear the site at this stage, but it would still be nice to see some physical evidence, however small, that construction has finally begun.

Zerks posted a pic of the compound a bit back

Edit at least I thought he did, saw it somewhere by them, thought it was here

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Zerks posted a pic of the compound a bit back

Edit at least I thought he did, saw it somewhere by them, thought it was here

There is also a small picture of their compound under construction in their first newsletter which I posted a few posts ago:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/01-m11-Enniscorthy-newsletter-Print.pdf

Also, someone added Enniscorthy Bypass as under construction on the OpenStreetMap. Any of you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BAM looking for a site agent for structures: http://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/Micro/JobDetails.aspx?&mid=YUGTGT&sid=BEVCXB&jid=UGTEVGTBAZ&site=Bam+Contractors&a=uPz77yoH8jU%253d&b=idM8oAW8i0A%253d

Some new marking out done on the site of the new bridge on the link road.There's corn sowed in the field so I wonder if it'll be harvested before work there begins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I signs for a work site being put up out in Monart on the Kiltealy road.

jca wrote: »
    I signs for a work site being put up out in Monart on the Kiltealy road.

More at Finchogue at turn off for Blackwater/Ballagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

has there been any agreement on who's doing the earthworks

busyatwork wrote: »
    has there been any agreement on who's doing the earthworks

Same crews that did the works in Wicklow.Due to start this month according to reports.

zerks wrote: »
    Same crews that did the works in Wicklow.Due to start this month according to reports.

wills bros they will be doing well to have it started this month and still having to get the m17 done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

busyatwork wrote: »
    wills bros they will be doing well to have it started this month and still having to get the m17 done

Would be great if Wills could hire more knowing they could be guaranteed other major projects after.

marno21 wrote: »
    Would be great if Wills could hire more knowing they could be guaranteed other major projects after.

wills can hire all they want as long as ya don't mind being told its raining or stay at home for a few months.sure they nearly put any subcontractor working for them out of business there a disaster
    hopefully they don't get it. a good company like roadbridge is the best for the job and best for the local people there and any subcontractors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭onrail

Does anyone know how the earthworks balance is working out on this one?

Could do with filling a few (substantial) holes on the land...

onrail wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the earthworks balance is working out on this one?

Could do with filling a few (substantial) holes on the land...

It's actually not too bad,perhaps near Scarawalsh as the link road will follow the contour of the valley along the Slaney plus there is a steep slope to where the new bridge crosses the Slaney.A lot of digging may need to be done there.

The N30 Mainline will need some earth moved in parts too as the road climbs from the valley at Scarawalsh to Monart/Milehouse road.

I'm not sure of the lie of the land nearer to the tie in with the Gorey Bypass but the land south of that is fairly flat.

Transport 21 is written on those drawings :eek: Thought that was dead as a dodo !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but say, for example I'm in bellefield and want to go to Dublin using the bypass, how do I get on to it? Out to sacrawalsh(clovass), on to the link road back to Ballydawmore and then on to the super-highway? or out the Kiltealy road(monart), back to clovass, back to Ballydawmore and then on to the road to heaven? It all seems very long-winded to me, I know it'll effectively wipe Enniscorthy off the map but even the odd scalder wants to head to the big schmokee every now and again especially now that the boom is back(allegedly). Sure there's nothing like leaving at 4 in the morning in January for €75-100 a day, nothing like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

jca wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but say, for example I'm in bellefield and want to go to Dublin using the bypass, how do I get on to it? Out to sacrawalsh(clovass), on to the link road back to Ballydawmore and then on to the super-highway? or out the Kiltealy road(monart), back to clovass, back to Ballydawmore and then on to the road to heaven? It all seems very long-winded to me, I know it'll effectively wipe Enniscorthy off the map but even the odd scalder wants to head to the big schmokee every now and again especially now that the boom is back(allegedly). Sure there's nothing like leaving at 4 in the morning in January for €75-100 a day, nothing like it...

Quickest way in/out of enniscorrhy to from dublin will be out the oulart road to finshogue roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

• Advertisement

Some openings onto the site ready at Monart and Finchogue,signage in place on roads approaching where the site intersects said roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

zerks wrote: »
    Some openings onto the site ready at Monart and Finchogue,signage in place on roads approaching where the site intersects said roads.

There's a digger working away this morning just past Monart , clearing the field on the left hand side ( as you're heading away from Enniscorthy )

Opposite the old Art Butler Garage site .
    https://goo.gl/maps/BVofHBVCogu

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

ninja 12 wrote: »
    There's a digger working away this morning just past Monart , clearing the field on the left hand side ( as you're heading away from Enniscorthy )

Opposite the old Art Butler Garage site .
    https://goo.gl/maps/BVofHBVCogu

Here's a pic taken this evening if anyone's interested :)

382747.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

It would be great if we had a dedicated photographer for this scheme, like M17 on the Gort-Tuam scheme thread!

Anyone want to volunteer?

The area where the new bridge is crossing the Slaney at Solsborough is taking shape,2 machines working away yesterday clearing ditches.

It seems like a certain 'minority' have been busy helping themselves to the timber fencing along the site,a large amount has been stolen.

A row over CPO's led to a demonstration by Farmers.It's only a small few so won't really hold things up.

http://www.wexfordecho.ie/2016/04/26/ifa-dispute-over-compulsory-purchase-orders-for-bypass/
    THE WEXFORD branch of the IFA were out in force with placards at Scarawalsh last week to highlight a dispute over lands ring-fenced under a compulsory purchase order for the Enniscorthy bypass.

Despite the fact that the land was fenced off last year and diggers have moved onto the land and begun work, the IFA and the Landowner Roads Group say that not only have the two farmers who own the land not yet been paid, but that a fee has not even been agreed for the purchase of the land by Wexford County Council and Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) which is the new name for the NRA.

Farmers from all over the locality gathered on the road at Scarawalsh to show their support for the two farmers – Mark and Gareth Browne – who say they just want to get the matter sorted as a matter of urgency.

Director of Services Eamonn Hore was quick to point out that of the 201 landowners effected by the Enniscorthy bypass, 195 have been fully sorted. He said that of the six remaining, three are road bed, meaning they are quite small, one has gone to independent arbitration, one is likely to go to independent arbitration and while their is some dispute in the final case, it is also likely that it will be put to an independent arbitrator.

“Unfortunately there are always a small handful of incidents like this on every scheme,” said Mr Hore. “Obviously everyone would like to see it solved without it going to arbitration, but that’s what it’s there for. I’m not too sure why there’s been a protest, as this type of thing wouldn’t be too unusual. The council and TII would have their valuers and the farmers would have theirs. In theory the next step is to send the matter to independent arbitration and work to the agreed formula between the IFA and TII.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Looks like there is no commitment to continue past Oylegate - according to page 2 of today's Sunday Times
    384784.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭josip

Funny how TII stayed quiet about this until now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

josip wrote: »
    Funny how TII stayed quiet about this until now.
    Perhaps, the election is over...

Advertisement