Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is this still scheduled to be open in 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this still scheduled to be open in 2018?

Mid 2019

http://www.m11gtoe.ie/project-updates/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Photos?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

spacetweek wrote: »
    Photos?
    We'll have to clone m17 twice and create an n25 and an m11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I see some sort of works beside the railway bridge on Camolin to Smyth's cross road. Is this some of the prep works?

I see some sort of works beside the railway bridge on Camolin to Smyth's cross road. Is this some of the prep works?

Lots of work done between Ferns and Boolavogue. All fences up and ditches cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

daraghwal wrote: »

Lots of work done between Ferns and Boolavogue. All fences up and ditches cleared.
    Come on guys, post some pictures for the posterity ;)

In the N25 New Ross bypass thread there is at least a photo of a barge even if it looks that works on the N25 in less advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭josip

Geogregor wrote: »

In the N25 New Ross bypass thread there is at least a photo of a barge even if it looks that works on the N25 in less advanced.

The Kilkenny lads are on the breaking ball earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have a new phone now,so I'll try to get some pics in the coming days.

Wexford Co.Co. doing resurfacing work to tie in with the Milehouse roundabout on the N30 link road section.

• Advertisement

s3Q.jpg

On the N30 at Templescoby where the new road will join the existing one.

s3R.jpg

Milehouse interchange @ Monart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It's hard to get a decent and safe spot to get a picture. I tried a few times but those back roads are lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

So are they concentrating on the n30 part of the scheme at the moment?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Could the N30 segment be opened early to provide an 'Enniscorthy bypass' of sorts on the N30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jd wrote: »
    So are they concentrating on the n30 part of the scheme at the moment?

I don't think so. There's work going on on the glenteige road which would be the east side, there's also work in progress out in Finchogue which is also on the eastern side.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Good to see some photos. I hope you will manage to find some good spots to take more shots, especially of some more prominent structures like bridges and junctions.

Good to see some photos. I hope you will manage to find some good spots to take more shots, especially of some more prominent structures like bridges and junctions.

There's a new bridge between Ferns and the Harrow but you cannot get access to it as its not a road bridge. That's the only one I know of so there's probably more

99% of the works are like what is pictured,I've seen very little machinery at work bar track machines clearing away the ditches on the mainline.
    I'll try to get a picture of where the bridge on the link road between the N30 and the main motorway is going,although it's nothing but cleared land and fencing at the moment.

Surveying contractors working near Oylegate,I wonder if it is to do with the supposed extension of the bypass??

Yesterday brought home the point that Enniscorthy needed to be bypassed,a bus broke down on Island Road and the entire town was in gridlock for hours.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Yesterday brought home the point that Enniscorthy needed to be bypassed,a bus broke down on Island Road and the entire town was in gridlock for hours.
    A regular sight in New Ross, Adare, Claregalway, Clarinbridge, Tuam, Carrick-on-Shannon, Cork, Killarney, Mallow and more. Thankfully bypasses for most are in the works.

Is there any date more specific than 2019 for the opening of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

Any sign of the spainish construction company to set up to start the earthworks or will they leav it till nextyear

busyatwork wrote: »
    Any sign of the spainish construction company to set up to start the earthworks or will they leav it till nextyear

I heard they could be coming in a few weeks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

??? Why on earth would they leave it till next year? That would give them less than 2 years to get the whole thing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

spacetweek wrote: »
    ??? Why on earth would they leave it till next year? That would give them less than 2 years to get the whole thing done.

If iam not mistaking there isnt a whole lot of rock on this stretch of road and on a day like today you would have grate fun trying to get fill to settle solid with water mixed trought ,,,,,if the spainish company can get up and running after a few weeks of singing the deal then maby they will start but otherwise the will be no cut and fill done before winter

If iam not mistaking there isnt a whole lot of rock on this stretch of road and on a day like today you would have grate fun trying to get fill to settle solid with water mixed trought ,,,,,if the spainish company can get up and running after a few weeks of singing the deal then maby they will start but otherwise the will be no cut and fill done before winter

There's acutally a huge amount of earthworks to be done. Have you seen the drop when they go down to cross the Slaney? It's a massive drop. Also in other places they are going down 7 metres which will definitely take a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

marno21 wrote: »
    A regular sight in New Ross, Adare, Claregalway, Clarinbridge, Tuam, Carrick-on-Shannon, Cork, Killarney, Mallow and more. Thankfully bypasses for most are in the works.

Is there any date more specific than 2019 for the opening of this?

Killarney has a bypass road connecting the Tralee road to the Cork road. Also, isn't the N40 South ring road essentially Cork city's bypass from west to east?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Killarney has a bypass road connecting the Tralee road to the Cork road. Also, isn't the N40 South ring road essentially Cork city's bypass from west to east?

Killarney has a bypass, which has become a inner relief road because the town has grown out to meet it. It's severely congested (especially the N72 element) because of all the premises which have opened around the two roundabouts, and there is delays at all the junctions along it (Kilcummin, Ballycasheen). It badly needs an outer bypass and an N22-N71 link.

Cork has a bypass which has become a distributor road due to the lack of east west routes in the city. There is daily congestion on from J6 Kinsale Road to the Dunkettle Interchange as a result due to the Douglas flyover and Dunkettle itself. It needs a North Ring to act as an actual bypass, and to connect around to the future M20.

Anyway, back to Enniscorthy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100190280#post100190280

Seems to indicate that a 4km motorway will be built to bypass Oilgate after this project is completed in 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

marno21 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100190280#post100190280

Seems to indicate that a 4km motorway will be built to bypass Oilgate after this project is completed in 2018.

Tom Enright says "he hopes", sure we all hope

Advertisement