Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

The scheme is now up on Open Street Map. Thanks to whoever did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

busyatwork wrote: »
    Any sign of the spainish construction company to set up to start the earthworks or will they leav it till nextyear

The Spanish muck shift contractor FERPI are in situ between Camolin and
    Ballyoughter

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I haven't seen a huge amount of new works in the Enniscorthy area bar some new security fencing and strictly no entry signs near where the new bridge at Solsborogh is being built.Just one area of the site is fenced off with wire,I'll get some photo's up during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

If you go out to Ferns, you can see they've put down about a mile and a half of stone for lorries to go on. A lorry was going in there every couple of minutes the other day. They also have a temporary bridge built off-road too. It's further down the fields.

Between ferns and they Harrow where it is crossing that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

I think they updated the information about the project progress on their website:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/project-updates/

There are two photos too:
    WEB-PIC-1-400x300.jpg

WEB-PIC-2-400x228.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zerks wrote: »
    I haven't seen a huge amount of new works in the Enniscorthy area bar some new security fencing and strictly no entry signs near where the new bridge at Solsborogh is being built.Just one area of the site is fenced off with wire,I'll get some photo's up during the week.

There's a bit happening on the way out to Ballymurn.Not a lot,couple of diggers and a roller.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

So according to the newsletter mid 2019 is the target opening date, New Ross is April 2019. Will be interesting to see which gets done first.

It's a pity they're not pushing on with earthworks while the weather is good.

New pictures on the project website:

http://www.m11gtoe.ie/project-updates/

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Will the road out to Templescopy still be a national route when the bypass is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

kneemos wrote: »
    Will the road out to Templescopy still be a national route when the bypass is finished.
    From Enniscorthy along the current N30? That will become a regional road.

jd wrote: »

The N30 yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jd wrote: »

There'll be some rings on it then....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Possibly an L road, it's hard to know.

Weirdly, the N30 will first pass over the old old N30 before meeting the old N30 at a roundabout.

Will they do what they did to Gorey? Bring in the hard shoulder more and lower the speed limit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

The land looks very dry in those photos so taken recently. This is confirmed when I got the EXIF info out of them: 9th August at 9:30am. The exact locations are in there too.

I've updated my site with links to the images and locations: http://www.irishmotorwayinfo.com/inex/roads/index.html

Image number 2 is the tie-in south of Gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Sorry yes it will probably be an L road. Forgot new n30 won't be motorway so no r road alternative necessary.

Did they started with any bridges or other larger structures?

jca wrote: »
    There'll be some rings on it then....

Good spot for a bit of frontage.

Geogregor wrote: »
    Did they started with any bridges or other larger structures?

Built a couple of temporary bridges but I think that's as far as they have gone. They appear to be putting in another compound between Ferns and Boolavogue. Looks like foundations of some sort maybe to fit in a few rows of cabins

• Advertisement

daraghwal wrote: »
    Built a couple of temporary bridges but I think that's as far as they have gone. They appear to be putting in another compound between Ferns and Boolavogue. Looks like foundations of some sort maybe to fit in a few rows of cabins
    That's a bit strange.

I always thought that larger structures take more time than earthworks and surfacing. Unless of course topography is exceptionally difficult and involves blasting or shifting really huge amounts of earth.

On this stretch topography looks not too difficult so it might be the bridges which will be critical for the construction time.

Geogregor wrote: »
    That's a bit strange.

I always thought that larger structures take more time than earthworks and surfacing. Unless of course topography is exceptionally difficult and involves blasting or shifting really huge amounts of earth.

On this stretch topography looks not too difficult so it might be the bridges which will be critical for the construction time.

Just supports though really,everything else is precast.

kneemos wrote: »
    Just supports though really,everything else is precast.

The temporary bridges appear to be precast. Bu they can't access some places without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Is there a more detailed plan of the route than this one available to view?

http://www.wexford.ie/wex/Departments/Roads/Maps/TheFile,25658,en.pdf

I'm just wondering about the Tomnafunshoge roundabout off the M11 mainline section. Originally I thought this was an exit sliproad off the motorway to give access to the east side of Enniscorthy. Am I correctly informed that this roundabout on the R744 gives access to a new 2 way link road running alongside the new M11 back north to the Ballydawmore Junction?

MichealD wrote: »
    Is there a more detailed plan of the route than this one available to view?

http://www.wexford.ie/wex/Departments/Roads/Maps/TheFile,25658,en.pdf

I'm just wondering about the Tomnafunshoge roundabout off the M11 mainline section. Originally I thought this was an exit sliproad off the motorway to give access to the east side of Enniscorthy. Am I correctly informed that this roundabout on the R744 gives access to a new 2 way link road running alongside the new M11 back north to the Ballydawmore Junction?

Think so yeah.They have a massive spaghetti junction effort and a pointless link road instead of two simple slip roads at each end.

Not a huge amount of activity around Enniscorthy itself,saw a track machine parked up on the N30 section with half the arm missing.I didn't get a chance to get near the site of the new bridge @ Solsborogh yet for pics,hopefully I'll be around that area within the next week.

One thing that is pissing decent people off is the cnuts who are using the access gates off existing roads onto parts of the site as dumping grounds.At one there is literally van loads of stuff dumped (the remains of a DIY/building project):mad:

marno21 wrote: »

The picture at the top of the newsletter is an aerial view of where the bridge on the link road between the N30 mainline and the M11 mainline is to be built.

There's new works continuing apace on the N30 mainline.A lot has been done in the last 10 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

zerks wrote: »
    The picture at the top of the newsletter is an aerial view of where the bridge on the link road between the N30 mainline and the M11 mainline is to be built.

There's new works continuing apace on the N30 mainline.A lot has been done in the last 10 days or so.

So Zerks,
    Are you going to be our dedicated photographer for this forum for the duration of this project?

• Advertisement

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    So Zerks,
    Are you going to be our dedicated photographer for this forum for the duration of this project?

Drove by where machines were parked up having cleared and built a haul road,said to the missus that I'd take pics on the way back - ended up taking a different road.I'll try and get some during the week as I'll be heading out that way again.

Advertisement