Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sKv.jpg

sKy.jpg

Both pics taken on the N30 Mainline @ Ballyorrill near the Milehouse just outside Enniscorthy.

sKz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Starting to take shape now.

jca wrote: »
    Starting to take shape now.

The dry weather is really helping,there's farmers in the Wesht that would sell their children for that topsoil,some of the finest in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Thanks Zerks good work. Hard to get pics or vids on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

spacetweek wrote: »
    Thanks Zerks good work. Hard to get pics or vids on this.

Here you go

https://www.facebook.com/Enniscorthy-Ross-bypass-and-bridge-photos-videos-726109404156596/?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭serfboard

zerks wrote: »
    The dry weather is really helping,there's farmers in the Wesht that would sell their children for that topsoil,some of the finest in the country.
    Good man - even though I'm not a farmer I was thinkin the same meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »

Are they selling some or reusing all?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are they selling some or reusing all?

They will most likely be using most of it for banks/building up where the road is rising.

• Advertisement

I have some new pics to compare with the ones I posted earlier,the mounds of topsopil are gone and stone has been laid and rolled.The track machine is now digging into the top of the hill.
    I'll post pics as soon as I get the chance.

Great work going on where the main bypass crosses the Glenteige road. I tried getting a pic but one of caseys lorries laden with stone wasn't happy with me so I kept on moving. It's very difficult to get decent pics. A drone would be ideal ( if I had one!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Is Oylegate getting bypassed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Is Oylegate getting bypassed?

No, politicians saying it is but nothing firm as of now

sHM.jpg

sH2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

What location are those shots taken at Zerks?

MichealD wrote: »
    What location are those shots taken at Zerks?

Ballyorrill,this section heads up the hill (First photo) and then down behind Monart Spa to join up with the original N3O.There will be an interchange on that section also as it crossed the Enniscorthy/Kilkenny road.I posted some from the same location earlier and then the new ones to show the progress that took place within a few days.

A different view from the pics from the other day.The dump truck at the bottom of the hill is beside where I took the other pics.

sHI.jpg

Digging through rock/shale at the crest of the hill.

sHe.jpg

The Kiltealy road is closed in the morning until the 28th of September. I'll have to try and walk out and get a few pics I reckon when it reopens it will be completely different and after a few days it'll be hard to remember the old Road.

jca wrote: »
    The Kiltealy road is closed in the morning until the 28th of September. I'll have to try and walk out and get a few pics I reckon when it reopens it will be completely different and after a few days it'll be hard to remember the old Road.

The road is closed @ Aldi/Lidl roundabout with local access only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

There's plenty of activity opposite the old Art Butler site , past Monart .

There's a small temporary bridge completed , ( I assume it's to cross a stream ) and plenty of digging going on .

I'll try and get a pic or two tomorrow .

The Kiltealy Road is closed for strengthening works and resurfacing by the council,nothing to do with the bypass.

Regarding the works down by Art Butlers,I asked one lad I work with if anything was happening there as he drives that road every day and he said he saw nothing.In fairness though,he isn't the brightest or most observant.The new road could be open a month before he realises he is driving on it.:pac:

Here's a crappy phone picture of the field opposite the old Art Butler site , past Monart .

I had a better camera with me earlier in the day , but there was nowhere to safely pull in as there were a couple of diggers and tipper trucks parked at the side of the road , as well as a road sweeper .

In the pic you can see the hill is being cleared / excavated , and you can see the small bridge that was built for access to the hill .

I'll try and get a better pic or two with a proper camera but it won't be until after the weekend .

Click on "roadworks.jpg" for the full size image .

397064.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Do they have to dig through that hill? That looks like quite serious earthworks.

There's been plenty of activity in the field opposite the old Art Butler site , past Monart .

There's a crane lifting and installing precast concrete sections , more clearing and plenty of general activity .

397469.JPG

397470.JPG

397471.JPG

397472.JPG
    .397473.JPG

Click on the attachments for the full size image .

More pics in the next post

5 more pics

397474.JPG
    397475.JPG
    397476.JPG
    397477.JPG
    397478.JPG

Click on the attachments for the full size image .

The above 10 pictures were taken at lunchtime today ( Wed 21st September)

As I was taking them , there were more of the precast sections being delivered to site.

Hopefully the pictures show properly .

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

ninja 12 wrote: »
    The above 10 pictures were taken at lunchtime today ( Wed 21st September)

As I was taking them , there were more of the precast sections being delivered to site.

Hopefully the pictures show properly .

Great pictures Ninja!

Thanks so much!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

What are the precasts for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭josip

spacetweek wrote: »
    What are the precasts for?

Water channel?

Advertisement