Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I really wish we could get more pics of the progress of this scheme, like on the M17 thread.

Myself and a few others have put up pics. It isn't easy terrain to photograph with very few places to safely park and a lot of the work particularly on the dual carriageway sections is far away from the original N11. It's a very very busy site and I don't fancy getting flattened by one of McGuires tipper trucks. They've had problems with machinery getting damaged so the security staff are quite aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

jca wrote: »
    Myself and a few others have put up pics. It isn't easy terrain to photograph with very few places to safely park and a lot of the work particularly on the dual carriageway sections is far away from the original N11. It's a very very busy site and I don't fancy getting flattened by one of McGuires tipper trucks. They've had problems with machinery getting damaged so the security staff are quite aggressive.

The only way around this if you get yourself a drone with a good camera,this is what I have done on the m17/m18 you can take thousands of pics with out any hassle all the best with it,looking forward to more pics in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

I was up in Monageer at a match and have to say it looked like al they've done is fence it off. I expected more but maybe they are working on harder areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I really wish we could get more pics of the progress of this scheme, like on the M17 thread.

Quite a few pictures on the Enniscorthy/Ross Bypass Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1017895218311345&id=726109404156596

415708.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Contra flow where it's to join with the N11 near Oylegate. Impossible to grab a pic due to the traffic flow.A track machine on the hard shoulder digging a trench.
    Looks like they found some natural springs in the field above, plenty of water flowing out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zerks wrote: »
    Contra flow where it's to join with the N11 near Oylegate. Impossible to grab a pic due to the traffic flow.A track machine on the hard shoulder digging a trench.
    Looks like they found some natural springs in the field above, plenty of water flowing out of them.

Must be fit to kill with the hold ups at Scarwalsh and Enniscorthy and another one at Oylegate.

Quarrying equipment near the crossing at Art Butlers old place (Monart).I think there's a pic on the facebook page.

They came upon a huge vein of rock and are using it in the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

Quarrying equipment near the crossing at Art Butlers old place (Monart).I think there's a pic on the facebook page.

They came upon a huge vein of rock and are using it in the build.

That cut to the south of the River Urrin is all rock and there has been a good few blasts in it. I have been told that the N30 will be fairly steep from the road and up through cut, so there will be a south bound climbing lane. Also they are processing most of the rock up behind where the garage was for fill around the Bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Drove the road today, can't see much from the N11 unfortunately. I'd say when this is complete Dublin to Wexford can be done in 1hr 20 min. Took me around hour and 40 today

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Drove the road today, can't see much from the N11 unfortunately. I'd say when this is complete Dublin to Wexford can be done in 1hr 20 min. Took me around hour and 40 today

Could spend twenty or thirty minutes in Enniscorthy alone If your unfortunate enough to have to commute through it mornings and evenings.

• Advertisement

The swifts have moved in at the back of Monart and are nesting in the mounds of soil on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

kneemos wrote: »
    Could spend twenty or thirty minutes in Enniscorthy alone If your unfortunate enough to have to commute through it mornings and evenings.

Have had 20 minutes at 3pm on a schools closed Friday. Sniff of traffic and it's useless.

Some pics out past The Moyne Nursing Home (N30 Section)

0Ug.jpg

0Uj.jpg

The scourge of the flytippers at every access point continues:mad::mad: It's about a 5 minute drive from there to the recycling centre which takes this stuff for free.

0Us.jpg

Some pics out past The Moyne Nursing Home (N30 Section)

0Ug.jpg

0Uj.jpg

The scourge of the flytippers at every access point continues:mad::mad: It's about a 5 minute drive from there to the recycling centre which takes this stuff for free.

0Us.jpg

Looks like they'll be closing the Moyne soon the locals got notification they'll be blasting in the next few weeks and then closing the road. Milehouse to Balyorrill will be the only reasonably direct route to Marshalstown then. Asquintion or the Church lane are totally inadequate for the traffic volumes particularly in the mornings with school run mom in the Santa Fe thinking she owns the road...

Looks like they'll be closing the Moyne soon the locals got notification they'll be blasting in the next few weeks and then closing the road. Milehouse to Balyorrill will be the only reasonably direct route to Marshalstown then. Asquintion or the Church lane are totally inadequate for the traffic volumes particularly in the mornings with school run mom in the Santa Fe thinking she owns the road...

Did you not know that they pay special motor taxes in Marshalstown that lets them drive on any side of the road.;)
    Dunno what they'll do on that dual carriageway.

Did you not know that they pay special motor taxes in Marshalstown that lets them drive on any side of the road.;)
    Dunno what they'll do on that dual carriageway.

They're only allowed over it or under it, never on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

And it's only single carriageway unlike the M11 and the M80

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

viper87 wrote: »

N80 is going to be basic 2+2 dual carraigeway with 100km/h limit. No motorway restrictions.

viper87 wrote: »

It's a dual carriageway to them. Take a spin around the area and you'll realise why:)

Location of the bridge where the N30 goes through the existing Enniscorthy to Marshalstown road.

0iR.jpg

Back eastwards towards Ballyorrill/Scarawalsh.

0iS.jpg

West towards Monart/existing N30.

0iU.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

Nice pics! Thanks for going to the effort for us all!:)

Location of the bridge where the N30 goes through the existing Enniscorthy to Marshalstown road.

0iR.jpg

Back eastwards towards Ballyorrill/Scarawalsh.

0iS.jpg

West towards Monart/existing N30.

0iU.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

marno21 wrote: »

Despite the rainy weather? I think there's been 2 or 3 wet days since January, what's the pdf version of the saying" the paper never refuses ink"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Despite the rainy weather? I think there's been 2 or 3 wet days since January, what's the pdf version of the saying" the paper never refuses ink"

What are they on about? Fake news.

The wettest day down here was last Sunday. It was a bank holiday on Monday and they were spraying the haul road with water on Tuesday to keep down the dust.

The piledriver on the west side of the Slaney that I took pics of a while back is gone,the one on the other side beside the train tracks is still there.

The piledriver on the west side of the Slaney that I took pics of a while back is gone,the one on the other side beside the train tracks is still there.

There's only about 2 weeks pile driving left, they flew through it according to my contact in Murphy, he's away to another job the end of may.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

Anyone know when is the gorey motorway services due to open? That seems to have been stopped for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Anyone know when is the gorey motorway services due to open? That seems to have been stopped for years now.
    Update over the weekend
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103438419

• Advertisement

Surveying taking place south of Oylegate,I think it's just for resurfacing though.I'll find out and give an update.

Advertisement