Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Nice one, I see the beams in place on the Kiltealy to Monart road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Taken at Solsborogh.

0LF.jpg

0LX.jpg

0Lh.jpg

0Ll.jpg

Managed to get the train in this one.

0Lo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zerks wrote: »
    Beams like these? This is the bridge at the Milehouse to Marshalstown road now.They were just doing the supports when I posted the last pic from there.

0LE.jpg

0LL.jpg

Those are they. How will they manage closing the Kiltealy road I wonder,it gets some quite heavy traffic.

kneemos wrote: »
    Those are they. How will they manage closing the Kiltealy road I wonder,it gets some quite heavy traffic.

There seems to be a lot of land acquired around the kiltealy road I think they might bend the road like they've done at the gap cross.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

The Solsborough pictures must be of the N30 segment, not M11. That's the one that crosses a road, a railway, and the Slaney in one go.

• Advertisement

spacetweek wrote: »
    The Solsborough pictures must be of the N30 segment, not M11. That's the one that crosses a road, a railway, and the Slaney in one go.

It's the link road between Scarawalsh (N30 and existing N11) and the new M11.The bridge will be the biggest structure on the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

spacetweek wrote: »

It's the link road between Scarawalsh (N30 and existing N11) and the new M11.The bridge will be the biggest structure on the project.

This will be the N80 2+2 extension.

Ballydawmore.

Facing North.

0YO.jpg

Facing South towards the back of Vinegar Hill/R477 Interchange.

0Yd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

Will the new road be visible from Vinegar Hill?

viper87 wrote: »

You can see for miles along it from the hill,I must take a trip up and have a gander.

• Advertisement

Concrete pumping on the bridge supports plus they were tipping hundreds of tons of stone into the large hole they dug at the site.

Got myself a nice few nettle stings trying to get a decent vantage point.:p

0m0.jpg

Same location but taking in where the bridge will land on the Eastern side of The Slaney.

0m3.jpg

The progress on the bridge at Ballyorrill (N30).

0mu.jpg

Donegal Storm posting here and looking at the blue skies in the pics with envy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Donegal Storm posting here and looking at the blue skies in the pics with envy.:)

Hah indeed I am, looking at your infrastructure developments with envy as well

You can't see in the pics of The Slaney bridge but there's a huge stack of those hexagonal precasts on the site.The ones on the Eastern side are already installed.

They were pouring concrete on the bridge at the gap cross during the week.

Took a spin up after,surprisingly you can see very little of it,only the Ballydawmore and Finchogue interchanges,the rest is in valleys and hidden by the landscape. Funny that I could see into Wicklow, Carlow and South Wexford but only 2k of the new road at most.

jca wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of land acquired around the kiltealy road I think they might bend the road like they've done at the gap cross.

I heard that there will be a roundabout on the Milhouse road, so no need for a big road closure

I heard that there will be a roundabout on the Milhouse road, so no need for a big road closure

I was thinking that too, it's far too busy to close it would be a disaster. I think they're closing the Moyne when the new bridge at kilalligan is open.

I was thinking that too, it's far too busy to close it would be a disaster. I think they're closing the Moyne when the new bridge at kilalligan is open.

I think that closure is planned for early September.

I think that closure is planned for early September.

No loss I hate every inch of that road, between blind bends, walkers walking on the wrong side and Muppets driving on the wrong side you take your life in your hands on that road...

• Advertisement

Is it just me or are the (very few) bridges which have started progressing very slowly? Some of the side roads have been closed for months now

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Is it just me or are the (very few) bridges which have started progressing very slowly? Some of the side roads have been closed for months now

Yes they are closed for an awful long time, especially the road at the powerstation towards from enniscorthy to tinnacross. It's been closed months and someone said not much has been done, although I'm sure there is a lot of work going on underground in a lot of areas.

Passed by the N30 section at about 3pm yesterday and the earthmoving was still going on.
    12 hour days seem to be the norm Monday to Friday.

Passed by the N30 section at about 3pm yesterday and the earthmoving was still going on.
    12 hour days seem to be the norm Monday to Friday.

Yep 13 hour day 6am to 7pm Monday to Friday half day Saturday weather permitting.

The bridge crossing the Slaney is really taking shape,tried to get a photo earlier but my position wasn't ideal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD:

I have moved all posts regarding an upgrade of the M11 south of this scheme to a new thread, please continue discussion there:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=195159

Huge amounts of earthmoving taking place from the Ballydawmore interchange to the Finchogue interchange.I'll try to get some photo's when it's safe to stop and grab a few.

I see they started paving the first bridge near ballymore today. The road has been closed a long time now

I see they started paving the first bridge near ballymore today. The road has been closed a long time now

Whereabouts is that? Is that the road to Marshalstown?

• Advertisement

Whereabouts is that? Is that the road to Marshalstown?

No, it's the M11 between the harrow and ballymore museum

Advertisement