Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

kneemos wrote: »
    They're purely to preserve the little critters presumably? Like those bat caves they built everywhere.
    No. Let river flow during flooding. See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

m17 wrote: »
    Bridge under construction at the urrin river 06/10/17IMAG6700_zpsvtx8f81p.jpg2IMAG6701_zpswktphh18.jpg

@M17 Great photos. Super coverage of M17 project. Have to moved to the south east now?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

MichealD wrote: »
    @M17 Great photos. Super coverage of M17 project. Have to moved to the south east now?!

That is some bridge. What's the idea there, will the river flow through where the cameraman was?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I really hope so. We are crying out for really good drone footage of the M11 project.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Concrete been poured over the railway line at camolin 08/09/17IMAG6046_zpsf0mwmcwa.jpg

• Advertisement

Lough garrynisk to scurlocksbush overpass 22/09/17IMAG6077_zps1hxsk8z5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Lough garrynisk to scurlocksbush overpass 22/09/17IMAG6077_zps1hxsk8z5.jpg
    Is this part of the N30?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Is this part of the N30?
    Or is it a new canal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

Is this part of the N30?

No, it's along the M11 corridor!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Is this part of the N30?

No, it's along the M11 corridor!

Ah right, thanks. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They must be going to dig out most of the hill at the Milehouse interchange,drove that way yesterday and where the new road is going is a long way down under the existing road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Overpass at the gap cross is open. I'll get a pic later.

The New Gap Cross overpass.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Is the The Gap cross overpass the first completed structure of the M11 project? I passed through The Harrow on Sunday and see the deck on the overpass well advanced. The bridge on the Marshallstown road must be close to completed?

Is the The Gap cross overpass the first completed structure of the M11 project? I passed through The Harrow on Sunday and see the deck on the overpass well advanced. The bridge on the Marshallstown road must be close to completed?

Yes I think it’s the first structure open to traffic. I took pictures in both directions standing on it but boards won’t let me upload them because they’re larger the the paltry 4 mb allowed. The overpass on the Monart road has been delayed due to safety issues, there’s a hold up of another 4 weeks on the Marshalstown structure because a mistake was made, they’re falling way behind with the structures. Work in Corbally has slowed to a crawl as the soil is very poor quality it bears more resemblance to sand than soil it looks like they’re going to have to go back to the drawing board on that section. Bam tried pulling a fast one in Cooladine by closing the road thus imposing an 8 km detour on the residents even though they said they wouldn’t close the road during initial consultations. Following some heated discussion Bam backed down and are going to put a light controlled twist in the road like they’ve done in Scoby (which is what they should have done everywhere) the lengthy road closures are ridiculous at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

jca wrote: »
    The New Gap Cross overpass.:D

Thanks. Can you get a pic of the mainline from the overpass?

spacetweek wrote: »
    Thanks. Can you get a pic of the mainline from the overpass?

I have two, one in each direction but they're too large to upload here. I'll try to link to them from Google drive etc.

Looking towards Dublin https://drive.google.com/file/d/15F83VzSbSp4emQPS6IDoD8zkqewOsXL4RQ/view?usp=sharing

Looking towards Wexford, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nexhwCrt5Vx_j_KqbehpG9Mo84XHj_Hltw/view?usp=sharing

Thanks! In future I suppose you could just reduce the size/res of the photos to get them under the upload limit.

spacetweek wrote: »
    Thanks! In future I suppose you could just reduce the size/res of the photos to get them under the upload limit.

All he as to do is get himself photobucket and there will be no messing with pics

All he as to do is get himself photobucket and there will be no messing with pics

Is that what you use to embed your photos?

• Advertisement

Is that what you use to embed your photos?
    yes it is,your pics will be like this the gap cross looking towards dublin 26/10/17IMAG7001_zpsijimrxwt.jpg
    looking towards wexfordIMAG7003_zpsfxxvt2cc.jpgjust send me a pm if you have any questions all the best with it really looking forward to seeing how this project turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The steel beams are still not lifted into situ at Solsboro,there seems to be about a month delay or more on doing it.

The steel beams are still not lifted into situ at Solsboro,there seems to be about a month delay or more on doing it.

Seemingly they've been rejected by one of the engineers the bolts have been over-torqued and he wants them replaced (all 18,000 of them:eek:). He isn't happy with the paint on them either he says it's too thick and it needs to be sandblasted off. There's a stand off as the beam manufacturers want to do the fixes on site and the engineer doesn't want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Another new bridge just before the end of the motorway.

Any chance of a few pics of the mainline

Any chance of a few pics of the mainline

There is surely,if I'm passing I'll get some. Good few kilometres visible to the north actually,not much to see to the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Seemingly they've been rejected by one of the engineers the bolts have been over-torqued and he wants them replaced (all 18,000 of them:eek:). He isn't happy with the paint on them either he says it's too thick and it needs to be sandblasted off. There's a stand off as the beam manufacturers want to do the fixes on site and the engineer doesn't want that.

I get the impression that somebody has p1ssed somebody off.....although if the job's not right, he's absolutely correct in making them redo it...pity engineers weren't as diligent in Priory Hall....

Is that scourloughs Bush? I see the glenteige road has been closed until December..... 2018!!

Is that scourloughs Bush? I see the glenteige road has been closed until December..... 2018!!

Noticed that. There's an overpass going in,dunno why it's closed for over a year though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement