Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    Are they going under the Oulart Rd? They're digging a mighty hole.

Interchange going there. They've dug a huge hole on the Kiltealy road too where the Milehouse interchange is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Interchange going there. They've dug a huge hole on the Kiltealy road too where the Milehouse interchange is going.

The Oulart Rd will go under the motorway probably.

The Oulart Rd will go under the motorway probably.

Just found out they are putting a bridge there now,slight change to the original design.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

marno21 wrote: »
    They must have changed. The N25 New Ross bypass is scheduled to open in January 2019 and the Enniscorthy bypass in mid 2019.
    I'd be surprised if Enniscorthy didn't open until mid 2019. It's been under construction since January 2016. That would be 3 and a half years. I think it was delayed due to bad weather in 2016 though on a few occasions.

spacetweek wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Enniscorthy didn't open until mid 2019. It's been under construction since January 2016. That would be 3 and a half years. I think it was delayed due to bad weather in 2016 though on a few occasions.

During the summer it was on average 13 hour days Monday to Friday (even longer on some sections) and 7 or 8 hour days on Saturday.
    One benefit of being in the SE is the fact we have more dry days than wet compared to schemes further West. In July we had one instance of a couple of wet days but they kept hauling,the next day they had to dampen the haul roads to keep the dust down.
    There have been some issues with delays on structures alright.The Slaney bridge lift is 2 months behind,the Marshalstown road is still closed well after the proposed reopening date. However other work is flying along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Marshalstown is supposed to be open on Monday. It was said in the bingo, so it must be true.....

jca wrote: »
    Marshalstown is supposed to be open on Monday. It was said in the bingo, so it must be true.....

It's open Tuesday. I'll try to stick up a picture later.

It's open Tuesday. I'll try to stick up a picture later.

In the words of Dustin "which Tuesday?"

The new Marshalstown Road bridge. Got this photo from a friend.
    0dW.jpg

The new Marshalstown Road bridge. Got this photo from a friend.
    0dW.jpg

To infinity and beyond... The people of Asquintion will be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

Just found out they are putting a bridge there now,slight change to the original design.

This is not a "slight change" from the original design. The Oulart road always crossed over the moterway with a roundabout on the Oulart side which has a link road to the Ballydawmore interchange

During the summer it was on average 13 hour days Monday to Friday (even longer on some sections) and 7 or 8 hour days on Saturday.
    One benefit of being in the SE is the fact we have more dry days than wet compared to schemes further West. In July we had one instance of a couple of wet days but they kept hauling,the next day they had to dampen the haul roads to keep the dust down.
    There have been some issues with delays on structures alright.The Slaney bridge lift is 2 months behind,the Marshalstown road is still closed well after the proposed reopening date. However other work is flying along.

Sounds like you know the project fairly well, are you working on it? can you get me a job?? :)

Crash railings are installed on the first part of the Scarwalsh to Templescoby road,cant be far from a bit of tarmac.

Crash railings are installed on the first part of the Scarwalsh to Templescoby road,cant be far from a bit of tarmac.

I see alot of mc guires' trucks moving what looks like CBGM, they must be doing some paving on the N30

Whereabouts is that? There's a lot of road between Scarawalsh and Scoby.

viper87 wrote: »
    I see alot of mc guires' trucks moving what looks like CBGM, they must be doing some paving on the N30

What's cbgm? It's not before time, a sod hasn't been turned there since it was fenced off a year and a half ago.

Whereabouts is that? There's a lot of road between Scarawalsh and Scoby.

From Scarwalsh to the first bridge.

These over-runs on the bridges are ridiculous at this stage. Monday has come and gone, as has Tuesday and still the Marshlstown road remains closed.

viper87 wrote: »

Think I saw them coming and going out towards the Slaney crossing.

These over-runs on the bridges are ridiculous at this stage. Monday has come and gone, as has Tuesday and still the Marshlstown road remains closed.

Marshalstown road is open.

• Advertisement

Think I saw them coming and going out towards the Slaney crossing.

I was out that way this morning,lorries coming and going non stop to the location of the new Slaney bridge. 5 track machines and a loading shovel going flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Are there any plans to open the new N30 road before the motorway is opened

Are there any plans to open the new N30 road before the motorway is opened

I wouldn't think so, there's an awful lot of work left to do on it still. They're only getting going on the Ballydawmore interchange now, that's where the N30 link road and the new M11 connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

I wouldn't think so, there's an awful lot of work left to do on it still. They're only getting going on the Ballydawmore interchange now, that's where the N30 link road and the new M11 connect.

Unless I'm missing something, when they have it done as far as Scarawalsh it could be opened to act at least as a by pass of Enniscorthy?

ie Templescoby - Clavass on map here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

In general, major road projects open as a whole rather than piece by piece. The Gort bypass was ready to go a few months before the rest of the M17/M18 project, but didn't open until the same time as the rest of the scheme.

jd wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something, when they have it done as far as Scarawalsh it could be opened to act at least as a by pass of Enniscorthy?

ie Templescoby - Clavass on map here

Maybe I'm completely wrong but the M11 N30 scheme isn't connecting to the existing N11 at Scarawalsh. It looks to me like it's going over the roundabout to Ballydawmore.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but the M11 N30 scheme isn't connecting to the existing N11 at Scarawalsh. It looks to me like it's going over the roundabout to Ballydawmore.

Two roundabouts at Scarwalsh I believe.It's the main exit for Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Two roundabouts at Scarwalsh I believe.It's the main exit for Enniscorthy.

Is Scarawalsh going to be grade-seperated in any way?
    Or will it be more like the 2 roundabouts at Collooney on the N4?

Advertisement