Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Is Scarawalsh going to be grade-seperated in any way?
    Or will it be more like the 2 roundabouts at Collooney on the N4?
    Two Roundabouts AFAIK...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Middle Man wrote: »
    Is Scarawalsh going to be grade-seperated in any way?
    Or will it be more like the 2 roundabouts at Collooney on the N4?
    Two Roundabouts AFAIK...

Thanks MiddleMan :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

jd wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something, when they have it done as far as Scarawalsh it could be opened to act at least as a by pass of Enniscorthy?

ie Templescoby - Clavass on map here

There are several structures on the Templescoby-Jamestown section only recently commenced or not started yet. I’d imagine that road is still more than twelve months from being ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

MichealD wrote: »
    There are several structures on the Templescoby-Jamestown section only recently commenced or not started yet. I’d imagine that road is still more than twelve months from being ready.

Exactly. The rate they're crawling along with the structures they won't be ready for tar in 12 months never mind opening to traffic. I thought the only connection with Scarawalsh was a link road from the N80 up to the N30 link road which in turn would allow traffic via the Ballydawmore interchange on to the M11.

jca wrote: »
    Exactly. The rate they're crawling along with the structures they won't be ready for tar in 12 months never mind opening to traffic. I thought the only connection with Scarawalsh was a link road from the N80 up to the N30 link road which in turn would allow traffic via the Ballydawmore interchange on to the M11.

Two roundabouts as image below (can never remember how to embed!). Coming off motorway link road first roundabout gives direct access to old N11 northbound and N80. Second roundabout will access new N30 link road, old N11 south to Enniscorthy town and to old Dublin Road.

Agree they will need a good dry winter to catch up. Structures seem to take a lot longer than planned to complete.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=435000&stc=1&d=1512167885

• Advertisement

Two roundabouts as image below (can never remember how to embed!). Coming off motorway link road first roundabout gives direct access to old N11 northbound and N80. Second roundabout will access new N30 link road, old N11 south to Enniscorthy town and to old Dublin Road.

Agree they will need a good dry winter to catch up. Structures seem to take a lot longer than planned to complete.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=435000&stc=1&d=1512167885

Great find. That makes it much clearer what's going to happen there. Where did you find it? Are there similar drawings for the Kiltealy junction and other intersections etc.

Great find. That makes it much clearer what's going to happen there. Where did you find it? Are there similar drawings for the Kiltealy junction and other intersections etc.

Unfortunately (for me!) I’m the sort of nerd who reads environmental impact statements. If you follow this link

http://www.wexford.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

you can download the EIS and scroll all the way down to pages 70-92 for layout plans of the entire route of new M11 and N30 link road. Given this EIS is over ten years old at this stage there may have been some minor design changes.

The Kiltealy/Milehouse junction will be a straightforward roundabout about halfway down the hill. Lot of earthworks required to get this anyway level. Have they closed any other roads for works now that the Marshalstown Road has reopened?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=435040&stc=1&d=1512229543

Unfortunately (for me!) I’m the sort of nerd who reads environmental impact statements. If you follow this link

http://www.wexford.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

you can download the EIS and scroll all the way down to pages 70-92 for layout plans of the entire route of new M11 and N30 link road. Given this EIS is over ten years old at this stage there may have been some minor design changes.

The Kiltealy/Milehouse junction will be a straightforward roundabout about halfway down the hill. Lot of earthworks required to get this anyway level. Have they closed any other roads for works now that the Marshalstown Road has reopened?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=435040&stc=1&d=1512229543
    You’re right to read these things. No there have been no more closures yet, the next crossing point is where the N30 link road goes over the Ballorrill road, work there seems to have stopped. A guy working on it has told me that many of the Portuguese were taken off the job after storm Ophelia,maybe they’re working somewhere with better conditions. Soil quality has recently taken a beating with the heavy rains and frosts with many tipper trucks getting bogged down and causing more damage trying to get out. Thanks for those links they’re brilliant. A savage amount of soil has been removed beside the Kiltealy road, I’ll try and get a pic but it’s very dangerous and the security guards are very rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Here's some Ariel pics from the m11gtoe.ie November websiteIMAG10003_zps3cj8lznk.jpg2IMAG10004_zps25d9gkc4.jpg3IMAG10005_zpsrnn9p1ub.jpg4IMAG10006_zps72z1tkl1.jpg5IMAG10007_zpshdfubixe.jpg6IMAG10008_zpsuyuzkxcq.jpg

You’re right to read these things. No there have been no more closures yet, the next crossing point is where the N30 link road goes over the Ballorrill road, work there seems to have stopped. A guy working on it has told me that many of the Portuguese were taken off the job after storm Ophelia,maybe they’re working somewhere with better conditions. Soil quality has recently taken a beating with the heavy rains and frosts with many tipper trucks getting bogged down and causing more damage trying to get out. Thanks for those links they’re brilliant. A savage amount of soil has been removed beside the Kiltealy road, I’ll try and get a pic but it’s very dangerous and the security guards are very rude.
    The only way around this if you get yourself a drone and you can take as many pics as you like and there will be no hassle like I have done on the m17/m18 forum

• Advertisement

m17 wrote: »
    Here's some Ariel pics from the m11gtoe.ie November websiteIMAG10003_zps3cj8lznk.jpg2IMAG10004_zps25d9gkc4.jpg3IMAG10005_zpsrnn9p1ub.jpg4IMAG10006_zps72z1tkl1.jpg5IMAG10007_zpshdfubixe.jpg6IMAG10008_zpsuyuzkxcq.jpg

Any chance of labeling where they are? It’s sure making a massive scar on the landscape.

The only way around this if you get yourself a drone and you can take as many pics as you like and there will be no hassle like I have done on the m17/m18 forum

Have you any recommendations for an affordable drone? I’d love to buy one.

a good drone will set you back around €1100 it has a flying time of 27 mins with a 4k camera it can go 65 khph well worth it ask Santa

a good drone will set you back around €1100 it has a flying time of 27 mins with a 4k camera it can go 65 khph well worth it ask Santa

Ahh feck that I'll stick to my phone:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Ahh feck that I'll stick to my phone:pac:

and one of these.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

And do not forget you need a licence to operate it.

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

You might need lessons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Slaney crossing is taking shape,the old haul road down to the site is being dug up (presumably to put in footings where the road meets the hill)

Not as good as the aerial photo's from earlier in the thread but work has progressed a good bit since they were taken.

0Wj.md.jpg

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057773356

I was told last night osongorry is open ( the little road in Monart that goes between the Kiltealy road and the Still) I'll try and get some pics during the week.

The local (or not so local) boy racers have been testing out the new road surface along the Marshalstown bridge. Plenty of skid marks all along it. How long before one gets it wrong and ends up in a mess on the mainline underneath?

• Advertisement

That piece of road was lethal over the weekend, slippy as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Do you have a dji mavic pro? A class piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

Many thanks for that.

I know the little road going over the motorway is barely more than a lane, but does anyone know why the overpass is narrow? I though it would have been standard to have the width of them like most overpasses with plenty of space for two cars to pass on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Laying tarmac on the N30 out towards the Milehouse direction.

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Many thanks for that.

I know the little road going over the motorway is barely more than a lane, but does anyone know why the overpass is narrow? I though it would have been standard to have the width of them like most overpasses with plenty of space for two cars to pass on it?
    It looks very narrow in the pictures but I think two cars could pass easily enough.

kneemos wrote: »
    Laying tarmac on the N30 out towards the Milehouse direction.

Whereabouts?

Whereabouts?

Between Scarwalsh and the first overpass they're working on on that side road out to Scarwalsh.

Hope they finish digging soon,the roads are destroyed in muck and slop.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Hope they finish digging soon,the roads are destroyed in muck and slop.

Must be hundreds of truck movements entering/ exiting the works site at the Oylegate end. Lots of muck on the road despite the road sweeper working all day. Any idea where they are shifting the fill to and from?

Advertisement