Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

MichealD wrote: »
    Must be hundreds of truck movements entering/ exiting the works site at the Oylegate end. Lots of muck on the road despite the road sweeper working all day. Any idea where they are shifting the fill to and from?

They're taking it from past the new bridge at glenbrien I don't know where it's being brought to. I see a lot of closures in the paper coming into effect in the new year, they'd want to be getting their skates on to open in early 2019 there's at least 10 months surfacing work to be done never mind signage, painting etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jca wrote: »
    They're taking it from past the new bridge at glenbrien I don't know where it's being brought to. I see a lot of closures in the paper coming into effect in the new year, they'd want to be getting their skates on to open in early 2019 there's at least 10 months surfacing work to be done never mind signage, painting etc..

I was told by someone working on it that they are 6 months ahead of schedule, further up along where it's hard to get public access to the site they are flying along.

I was told by someone working on it that they are 6 months ahead of schedule, further up along where it's hard to get public access to the site they are flying along.

Earthworks are doing ok but they're struggling with the structures. A local company have been drafted in to do the structures they've a great reputation so that might spur things on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Earthworks are doing ok but they're struggling with the structures. A local company have been drafted in to do the structures they've a great reputation so that might spur things on.

What structures do u mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

sea12 wrote: »
    What structures do u mean?

I imagine bridges, overpasses etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Probably where all the truck loads of soil ended up.

kneemos wrote: »
    Laying tarmac on the N30 out towards the Milehouse direction.

The existing road it crosses at Ballyorrill is due to close in January. I expect the rest of the bridge will be built then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Since 2011, every time I read 'tarmac' I am reminded of Richard Keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

I heard over the Christmas that it's a concrete road that they are laying on the N30 and that they had to rip up most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

It looks very narrow in the pictures but I think two cars could pass easily enough.

I tried it....I wouldn't like to meet a car on it. No where to pull in with the kerbs on the approach to the bridge. Looks more like an access for the farmer than a road.

• Advertisement

viper87 wrote: »
    I tried it....I wouldn't like to meet a car on it. No where to pull in with the kerbs on the approach to the bridge. Looks more like an access for the farmer than a road.

Ahh will ya stop, the new bridge is wider than the section of road it replaced. The road is little more than a maggot track anyway:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Ahh will ya stop, the new bridge is wider than the section of road it replaced. The road is little more than a maggot track anyway:pac:

The new bridge is probably twice as wide as the existing road!

437380.jpeg

I heard over the Christmas that it's a concrete road that they are laying on the N30 and that they had to rip up most of it

Rubbish. Someone is telling you porkies.

Rubbish. Someone is telling you porkies.

Haven't seen a concrete road since the seventies.

Haven't seen a concrete road since the seventies.

Exactly. Some of the haul roads are concrete they’ve taken a battering over the last year maybe that’s what was being broken up and being remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

The new bridge is probably twice as wide as the existing road!

437380.jpeg

BTW are the crash barriers on the bridges purposefully at the drivers eyeline level? Ruins our chance of getting a view of the main line works without getting out!

BTW are the crash barriers on the bridges purposefully at the drivers eyeline level? Ruins our chance of getting a view of the main line works without getting out!
    Very frustrating, it's easier when I'm in the van!!

Probably so nervous drivers can't see the drop below, people like to see something along the roadside. One funny thing I noticed was along areas where they cleared ditches on existing country roads near the works is that people found it hard to judge their position on the road.It was as if the ditches and fences gave them a reference point to follow.

The road from Milehouse through Ballyorrill is closed as of today. It was meant to be closed from this morning except some cnuts helped themselves to pumps etc. that were on the site at the bridge.The road is due to be closed until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

I heard over the Christmas that it's a concrete road that they are laying on the N30....

See below, that is what the stuff is:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60022988&postcount=10

• Advertisement

ninja 12 wrote: »
    These last 2 are from where Art Butlers used to be , near Monart .

They're working on the deck over the river at the moment .

I grabbed a quick (and rubbish ) pic from the road this morning .

433389.jpg

Notice up outside Monart Spa that the road up that way is closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Notice up outside Monart Spa that the road up that way is closed now.

I forgot to post this , but I went past the "road closed , local access only " sign yesterday for a look and there was a big crane in the middle of the road , where the bridge over the road is going to be .

Must be preparing to lift the bridge deck into place .

I'll try and get a pic when I can .

The detour is a bit of a pain .

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I forgot to post this , but I went past the "road closed , local access only " sign yesterday for a look and there was a big crane in the middle of the road , where the bridge over the road is going to be .

Must be preparing to lift the bridge deck into place .

I'll try and get a pic when I can .

The detour is a bit of a pain .

Can you go past Monart towards Milehouse Road and turn left up the little lane onto the Kiltealy road and then back around past the works?

Can you go past Monart towards Milehouse Road and turn left up the little lane onto the Kiltealy road and then back around past the works?

You can. If you think of it before turning for cherryorchard you'd be as well staying on the main Kiltealy road and turning left at Shannons cross and down through Newtown.

You can. If you think of it before turning for cherryorchard you'd be as well staying on the main Kiltealy road and turning left at Shannons cross and down through Newtown.

Not much point in asking me for directions , I'm only a blow in to the Enniscorthy area ( but not the County ) and don't know the names of half the area :D

Seems to be plenty of diversion signs though :)

I went past the "road closed " signs this morning ( from the Killanne / Caim side ) and took a couple of pictures - looking towards Enniscorthy / Monart .

The bridge deck is in place .

439328.JPG
    439329.JPG
    439330.JPG
    439331.JPG
    439333.JPG

They're great pics. That area is called Kiltrea. Hopefully that will be done quickly and the road opened soon. Time is pushing on rapidly and there's a lot of work remaining.

They're great pics. That area is called Kiltrea. Hopefully that will be done quickly and the road opened soon. Time is pushing on rapidly and there's a lot of work remaining.

Yeah , hopefully the road will be reopened earlier than planned .

I think the sign says April .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's the time line for the By Pass v the N30 extension? both open same time or? I see by the title it's July 2019, does that refer to both roads?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What's the time line for the By Pass v the N30 extension? both open same time or? I see by the title it's July 2019, does that refer to both roads?

Not much left to do on the N30 bar the Kiltely Rd bridge. Could be open by the Autumn if they had a mind I reckon.

• Advertisement

Not much left to do on the N30 bar the Kiltely Rd bridge. Could be open by the Autumn if they had a mind I reckon.

There's a roundabout to be built on the Kiltealy road, a second roundabout to be built at Scarawalsh, the roundabout where the link road joins the existing N30 has only been scratched out, Scoby hill is still a long way from completion. The moyne, ballorill and Kiltrea have still to completed. There's isn't a hope of it being complete by autumn.

Advertisement