Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

jca wrote: »
    Really? Maybe you should take a visit to the site in question, work was stopped for three days on two bridges in December because workers were working without harnesses, I was only wanting to take a few pictures. When the moyne overpass was completed I parked on the public road and walked back to take a few pics to put up on here and Mr bulldog in his little van tried to stop me, I wasn't anywhere near the works.
    P.S. I'm not a child...

I was just pointing out that the works area is essentially private property until its handed over upon completion. Yes, i admit that they are prettty extreme about keeping members of the public out but at the end of the day, thats the way that particular site management team seem to want to address the public access to the site. Other sites have different approaches, what can you do?

PS...no-one called you a child, that text is a quote from the contractors website via the link in my post.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A huge amount of the project is really hard to access from public roads as it's nestled in farmland. Unless you know where you are going and prepared to treck across fields where you most likely won't be welcome by the farmer and only right then getting decent pictures is extremely hard. As a result a lot of what we see posted is of progress on the same structures and stretches of road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I tried to get pics of the ballydawmore interchange, it's where the link road and the M11 meet, I couldn't even find it never mind photograph it!! Whatever about the N30 link road, it's practically impossible to get even close to the M11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The refusal of the contractors to let anyone remotely near the N11 site, plus a bare faced refusal to put up regular updates is frankly insulting and patronising to the public. In fact I intend to lodge a complaint with TII/Wex CC or whoever is involved.

It just isn't bloody good enough!

Utter shame on them!!:mad:

The contrast with the M17/18 or even the N25 New Ross bypass could not be more stark.

I'll save you the bother by telling you the response. "Thank you for your submission and interest. The <INSERT_PERSON_HERE> would like to thank you for your submission and will consider the content enclosed. Regards, Wexford County Council".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

May 2018 pics from the m11gtoe.ie website

IMAG13020_zpsijiikq7c.jpg

IMAG13021_zpskrxmd3sr.jpg

IMAG13022_zps8hf26z2k.jpg

IMAG13023_zpsxl3llarb.jpg

IMAG13024_zpsocua5lan.jpg

IMAG13025_zps92h58wjy.jpg

IMAG13026_zpskik1mptt.jpg

IMAG13027_zpseoeuw9qj.jpg

IMAG13028_zpsskfwwv7f.jpg

IMAG13030_zpsiup3s1al.jpg

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    I tried to get pics of the ballydawmore interchange, it's where the link road and the M11 meet, I couldn't even find it never mind photograph it!! Whatever about the N30 link road, it's practically impossible to get even close to the M11.

I know how to get near to it but getting a vantage point for pics is nigh on impossible.
    Convoys of trucks drawing to it for the past week or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

M17 - great pics from the website. Thanks for sharing!

A couple of new pics of the Slaney bridge.

A close up from the railway line.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭padraig.od

What is the purpose of the chambers under the roadway in the bottom two pictures? Flooding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

A couple of new pics of the Slaney bridge.

Where is that bridge?

Where is that bridge?

It's at Solsborogh. It's the link road from Scarawalsh to the M11.

padraig.od wrote: »
    What is the purpose of the chambers under the roadway in the bottom two pictures? Flooding?

Yeah,that whole area can end up under water in big floods. It flooded about 4 months ago.

Slaney bridge 31/08/17
    2018-07-07_09-58-21_zpssp0brae9.jpg
    28/05/18
    IMAG13030_zpsiup3s1al.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I presume they'll get a few weeks ahead of schedule in this excellent dry weather. Although I'd say they're going through some amount of extra air filters on all the machines with the dust.

Didn't spot the new bridge in the distance until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Didn't spot the new bridge in the distance until today.

Must be a cattle pass or something.

kneemos wrote: »
    Must be a cattle pass or something.

I'd reckon so, there's a large farm split by that section of road.
    The line of trucks there starts at about 7am and keeps going all day,non stop until 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

This scheme is clearly visible on satellite with the dry weather at the moment.

Screen_Shot_2018_07_14_at_22_57_19.png

Credit to poster on reddit, the N25 scheme also visible in the bottom left of the full image

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/8yuyzi/not_quite_an_emerald_isle_view_of_drought_from/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Even before the dry weather the scheme was still fairly visible

JYhMRdl.png

Here's a fun slider, shamelessly robbed from another forum
    https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=7eeaf706-8704-11e8-b263-0edaf8f81e27

• Advertisement

Tarmac laying continuing along the N30 section.

Pics from the m11gote website July 2018
    IMAG14051_zpsuboy8zsn.jpg

IMAG14050_zpsqickbgwn.jpg

IMAG14053_zpsluayf1yu.jpg

IMAG14054_zpsi9wsscng.jpg

IMAG14055_zpsqttxvjrr.jpg

IMAG14056_zpsfpuve3gh.jpg

IMAG14057_zpspco96r64.jpg

IMAG14058_zpsoss4e9eh.jpg

IMAG14059_zps90k6hzcw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Came across this website earlier, it has up to date zoomable satellite imagery for the whole country so a nice way to see progress on the road schemes around the country.

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/sentinel-playground/?source=S2&lat=52.53157413368958&lng=-6.5100860595703125&zoom=12&preset=1_NATURAL_COL0R&layers=B01,B02,B03&maxcc=12&gain=1.0&gamma=1.0&time=2015-01-01%7C2018-08-03&atmFilter=&showDates=false

The n30 07/08/18 pic form the m11gote website
    IMAG14300_zps286xhimh.jpg

The m11 13/08/18
    IMAG14303_zpsj6cqzwmf.jpg

This is the most advanced stage of the m11 what's left to be done here the crash barriers on both sides then the black top to go on then the cats eyes and then signs,line painting,sos phones and it will all be ready to go mid June 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

m17 wrote: »
    This is the most advanced stage of the m11 what's left to be done here the crash barriers on both sides then the black top to go on then the cats eyes and then signs,line painting,sos phones and it will all be ready to go mid June 2019

I would have thought they are making very good progress, so could be ahead of this date..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

I'm not on the ground, but from the pictures some parts look almost finished while others are barely excavated.
    Shades of the M17/M18 when it was one year from completion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The council are pushing for a continuation of the road at least.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/enniscorthy-guardian/20180821/283948883460045

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

kneemos wrote: »
    The council are pushing for a continuation of the road at least.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/enniscorthy-guardian/20180821/283948883460045

This article says "the Gorey to Enniscorthy bypass road is ready to open in the coming weeks".

Didn't look that near completion at all last time I was out that side. Are they opening it in sections? Hardly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jordata wrote: »
    This article says "the Gorey to Enniscorthy bypass road is ready to open in the coming weeks".

Didn't look that near completion at all last time I was out that side. Are they opening it in sections? Hardly.

Passed the area around clogh where the m11 will link up with the bypass and doesn’t look likely at all for “coming weeks”

Advertisement