Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

jordata wrote: »
    This article says "the Gorey to Enniscorthy bypass road is ready to open in the coming weeks".

Didn't look that near completion at all last time I was out that side. Are they opening it in sections? Hardly.

Are there local elections next May?

That is a FF councillor quoted in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are there local elections next May?

That is a FF councillor quoted in that article.

Yes.

FF Councillors in Wexford are claiming credit for the entire project going ahead (posts passim here) when it was authorised under a previous Government they had zero influence on and with the final decision strangely enough being made by a Minister from Wexford...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wexford County Council has applied for funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

Yes the motorway will be open in weeks - 50 weeks !!!
    Weasel words as ever....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

kneemos wrote: »
    That "article" has all the hallmarks of a simple a copy-and-paste from a press release by a lone councillor.

"I am calling on the Gubbermint" yadda yadda etc. etc. yawn.

Typical pisspoor county council stuff that you see up and down the country. Unfortunately local media has been downgraded so much that they can't afford to employ journalists so all you get is interns copy-and-pasting press releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Drone shots from the m11gote.ie website August 18

IMAG14400_zpshyuh3fp8.jpg

IMAG14401_zps9lldbuit.jpg

IMAG14403_zpszq8gcksr.jpg

IMAG14404_zpso80adeyf.jpg

IMAG14405_zpsbsdydsvi.jpg

IMAG14406_zpsmd72bhg6.jpg

IMAG14407_zpslhle0pva.jpg

IMAG14408_zpsgemeesha.jpg

VR6 wrote: »
    I'm not on the ground, but from the pictures some parts look almost finished while others are barely excavated.
    Shades of the M17/M18 when it was one year from completion ?

Here is the m17 at sheeaunpark 01/03/172017-09-01_06-15-40_zpsec2sldff.jpg

27/09/17IMAG2500_zpsozblacrk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hard to get new photos but the word is that all structures are completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I cant wait for this and the New Ross bypass to be up and running.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

M11 Gorey-Enniscorthy Newsletter Issue 11 September 2018:

https://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/11-m11-Enniscorthy-WEB-corrected.pdf

Fair play to the author:
    We are aware of the public interest on this important project and we would like to thank the people, who through forums like Boards.ie and other platforms are following the progress of the works and how the construction activities are changing the landscape of the area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

marno21 wrote: »
    M11 Gorey-Enniscorthy Newsletter Issue 11 September 2018:

https://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/11-m11-Enniscorthy-WEB-corrected.pdf

Fair play to the author:

I read that as 'Boardsies, we know who you are, and we're watching you."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

The following two paragraphs should probably be emphasised as well!
    It is also very important to be aware that the land being developed for the M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy project is not open to the public until the road is completed.

There are significant dangers that could be present on a construction site, especially at this stage of the works with multiple construction crews and subcontractors on site, working on earthworks, drainage, pavement, barriers and finishing works, resulting in heavy construction trafic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Here's one in today's Wexford People from 40 years ago (BTW Noel Dillon was generally quite progressive)
    Enniscorthy ring road is ‘unlikely’
    September 1978

A campaign by Councillor Andy Doyle for a byepass road of Enniscorthy that would run from Scarawalsh and via the Milehouse area, to join up with the New Ross road, has been deemed ‘unlikely to every happen’.

Cllr Doyle’s alternative plan, that traffic bound for New Ross should travel from Blackstoops via Summerhill, the Duffry, Patrick Street, and Ross Road, on an ‘unofficial’ ring road route, instead of going right through the town centre and out the other side, has also been labelled ‘unworkable’.

Mr Doyle concluded by saying that the large volume of heavy traffic was seriously undermining foundations of houses in several parts of Enniscorthy. He said he was aware of gaps in the foundation of houses in the Island Road.

The Co. Manager (Mr. Noel Dillon) said there was no doubt that ‘ideally’ they could ‘ring’ or bye-pass Enniscorthy, but there was little use in spending much time talking about it now because of the sheer lack of funding. In fact, he thought it unlikely that such a plan would ever go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

In 1978 the country hadn't 2 shillings to rub together.
    And it got worse before it got better.
    One upside of waiting this long is that it's gotten a proper by pass and not some ring road effort obstructed with 20 traffic lights and roundabouts which is what it would have gotten back in the 80s.

The same goes for New Ross which at one stage was going to get a concrete pipe under the river between Raheen and Marshmeadows.

A huge amount of the road has been tarred. Even one carraigeway down near the Oylegate end,they were still driving diggers along the haul road there only last week.
    I was told that they are way ahead of schedule,if the weather is kind over the winter this project should be ready well before the projected finish time.

The project is well ahead of schedule and could be open by April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just want to say thanks for the updates CC, much appreciated.

Nate

Just want to say thanks for the updates CC, much appreciated.

Nate

It's gotten harder to get pictures of new areas of the scheme as security is so tight on it. The main interchange just outside Enniscorthy takes up nearly 30 acres of land but is nigh on impossible to get to due to it's location and 24 hour security as so much plant is parked there.

September 2018 pics form the m11gtoe.ie website
    IMAG200_zpsyfmgk2ph.jpg

IMAG201_zpsb4ys6w45.jpg

IMAG202_zpsexqon597.jpg

IMAG203_zpspvob0189.jpg

IMAG204_zpsdzrokcmf.jpg

IMAG205_zpsjlwedpcv.jpg

IMAG206_zpsl837labf.jpg

IMAG207_zpsoiwrrahe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Hi all, Anyone got a copy of the detail drawings of the junctions? I had a copy, but it seems to have got lost between old and new laptops. The early link to wexford.ie goes to 404.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Hi all, Anyone got a copy of the detail drawings of the junctions? I had a copy, but it seems to have got lost between old and new laptops. The early link to wexford.ie goes to 404.

Thanks.

I noticed that those links were broken last week.

This one seems to be working now. Detail drawings at the end.

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

MichealD wrote: »
    I noticed that those links were broken last week.

This one seems to be working now. Detail drawings at the end.

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

Perfect! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Its great to see so much progress on the project but I'd reckon April finish is optimistic.

Just around Enniscorthy end there are new on line roundabouts which haven't started construction yet on N30 at Clohass, R702 at Milehouse, N11/N80 at Scarawalsh and on the N11 at Oylegate. I don't think the new on line roundabout to be built on the end of the existing M11 at Clogh/Frankfort has begun yet either (open to correction). Given winter and traffic management issues I wouldn't imagine they will be the quickest builds.

It will be interesting to see how much can be completed in the next 6 months. Looking forward to it being completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

MichealD wrote: »
    Its great to see so much progress on the project but I'd reckon April finish is optimistic.

Just around Enniscorthy end there are new on line roundabouts which haven't started construction yet on N30 at Clohass, R702 at Milehouse, N11/N80 at Scarawalsh and on the N11 at Oylegate. I don't think the new on line roundabout to be built on the end of the existing M11 at Clogh/Frankfort has begun yet either (open to correction). Given winter and traffic management issues I wouldn't imagine they will be the quickest builds.

It will be interesting to see how much can be completed in the next 6 months. Looking forward to it being completed.

Wouldn't take long to knock out a roundabout I'd imagine.
    The two at Scarwalsh will be extremely close to each other though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The mainline might well open in 6 months, they just have to do the tie-ins apart from finishing the mainline part. The N80 bit and all the connecting stuff can wait. Get the M11 bit open, Enniscorthy unclogs anyway and the rest of the project can follow a touch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

The mainline might well open in 6 months, they just have to do the tie-ins apart from finishing the mainline part. The N80 bit and all the connecting stuff can wait. Get the M11 bit open, Enniscorthy unclogs anyway and the rest of the project can follow a touch later.

No advantage to the contractor to open parts early , this only causes health and safety, security, and logistics issues, which are a no no in 2018. They'll be completely finished on time however, as they've more resources to throw at less and less issues.

Farmers protesting on parts of the scheme. According to SE Radio there's a pond for runoff near Camolin that's leaking into land.
    Gates aren't right somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

Bigus wrote: »
    No advantage to the contractor to open parts early , this only causes health and safety, security, and logistics issues, which are a no no in 2018. They'll be completely finished on time however, as they've more resources to throw at less and less issues.
    there may be a built in bonus in the contract for finishing early.

oceanman wrote: »
    there may be a built in bonus in the contract for finishing early.

€1.3 million per month penalty clause if there's an over run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

€1.3 million per month penalty clause if there's an over run.
    yeah that as well im sure..

Advertisement