Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Farmers protesting on parts of the scheme. According to SE Radio there's a pond for runoff near Camolin that's leaking into land.
    Gates aren't right somewhere else.

One of them had a flood in June apparently.

Where there's a farmer there's a grievance.

http://enniscorthyguardian.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/iphone/homepage.aspx#_article53e657ec-c5f1-4424-a883-99eb30107338/waarticle53e657ec-c5f1-4424-a883-99eb30107338/53e657ec-c5f1-4424-a883-99eb30107338/0/true

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

oceanman wrote: »
    there may be a built in bonus in the contract for finishing early.

Was stopped years ago as tenders were deliberately over-estimating so they would get the "early completion bonuses"

Now its fines for not delivering on time. Still lets tenderers overestimate but at zero cost to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

kneemos wrote: »
    To me, there's only two possibilities here:

1. Farmers in Wexford are exceptionally unrealistic or demanding, compared to farmers in other parts of the country, or

2. The company is not doing what it committed to do.

I don't think the first is likely, so it looks like the second to me:
    Farmers want the deals that had been agreed initially to be carried out as originally planned.
    and
    farmers are frustrated as the road construction company is “making no effort whatsoever to cooperate with farmers”.

Murphy said that, to date, requests to meet with BAM Construction have received no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

It's ridiculous that some of the subbies and workers on the scheme are getting into the photo-op too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that some of the subbies and workers on the scheme are getting into the photo-op too!
    It's also possible that some of the farmers are subbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Is it actually BAM they would be talking to, or TII (or whoever is in overall charge)?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MichealD wrote: »

According to one farmer that I know,the head man for BAM on the project was refusing to meet them until his hand was forced by the blockades stopping work.
    Work is continuing today on parts of the project by what I can only assume are the Portuguese workers as all the Irish lads have their vehicles and equipment parked up.

Work back in full swing as BAM and farmers reach agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 thethinker

Does anyone have a proper map or text detailing the interchange with the R744. Looking at the crudely drawn map on the Wex CoCo website, it looks like you can't join the motorway, and can only exit if travellinging south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

MichealD wrote: »
    I noticed that those links were broken last week.

This one seems to be working now. Detail drawings at the end.

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

I asked this recently and the quoted post has the link for a detailed map.

The junction can be accessed by a 2 way link road.

Edit, just tried that link again and it seems to be dead. I'll try to find the PDF. I'm sure I downloaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

I asked this recently and the quoted post has the link for a detailed map.

The junction can be accessed by a 2 way link road.

Edit, just tried that link again and it seems to be dead. I'll try to find the PDF. I'm sure I downloaded it.

You won't be able to join the motorway directly from the roundabout at finchouge/oulart road. There'll be a link road, running parallel to the motorway, to the ballydawmore junction where you can then go north/south on m11 or link up to n80

thethinker wrote: »
    Does anyone have a proper map or text detailing the interchange with the R744. Looking at the crudely drawn map on the Wex CoCo website, it looks like you can't join the motorway, and can only exit if travellinging south.

Thats correct. Exit only from the motorway to the R744 at Tomnafunshoge. A road parallel to the motorway however will bring you from this R744 junction to the Ballydawmore junction where you can access the M11 north or southbound or on the the N30/N80 link road.

Not a great design if you've got to travel all the way North to the interchange to backtrack south.

Not a great design if you've got to travel all the way North to the interchange to backtrack south.

Its probably less than 2 kms to the Ballydawmore junction. Will still be much quicker than the current situation if heading south to Wexford from that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thethinker

So I reckon anyone from east side of town will use the R744 to access/exit the motorway. I wonder if people from the west side will do the same or use scarawalsh roundabout instead - definitely longer but perhaps quicker.

thethinker wrote: »
    So I reckon anyone from east side of town will use the R744 to access/exit the motorway. I wonder if people from the west side will do the same or use scarawalsh roundabout instead - definitely longer but perhaps quicker.

Probably handier to use the existing N11 to Scarawalsh or the Monart interchange to get onto the N30 section then travel along it to Scarawalsh and on to the M11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The n80 Slaney crossing October 18 pics form the m11gtoe.ie website
    0YiHTy1.jpg

KjSYbuR.jpg

O08ozPc.jpg

The m11 30/10/18
    PG6yKS6.jpg

• Advertisement

The ballyawmore interchange pics form the m11gtoe.ie website October 2018
    LTRr8oS.jpg

vjwArK3.jpg

YkRs059.jpg

yO8CvQ2.jpg

Bit to do there still.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bit to do there still.

Huge amount can be done in 6 months ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107865024&postcount=1358

vicwatson wrote: »

There's overpases/underpasses to construct presumably if it's a spaghetti junction type deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There's overpases/underpasses to construct presumably if it's a spaghetti junction type deal?

Thought a poster said earlier that all that work had been done already.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought a poster said earlier that all that work had been done already.

It's all in place,I used to work on schemes like that,once the heavy work is done you'd be amazed at how quickly things take shape.

The m11
    CSs2rYf.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

From AA Roadwatch:

From midnight tonight (13th) the northbound carriageway of the M11 will be closed for works just north of the Clogh R/A, which is north of Camolin, for a stretch of approx. 1.4km, until 31st March 2019. Northbound traffic will travel in a contraflow system on the southbound carriageway for the duration of these works, with a single lane in operation on both carriageways throughout.

Looks like tie-in works are kicking off now.

The m11
    gwi28zV.jpg

y2gDEtQ.jpg

dFwhmk8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

What is that?

Advertisement