Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Apparently Cartons in Camolin lost out on up to €6000 in takings the day the bypass opened. It might seem excessive/hearsay/pub talk but I'm sure they did lose a serious amount of money as the place was always busy no matter what time I passed it.

I wouldn't worry, retailers always exaggerate the impact of these things. Its not like they didn't have 15 years of notice that the road was going to be built.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wouldn't take many trucks filling up to hit six grand in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

N30 section open tomorrow according to Paul keogh and sure he would know :)

https://www.facebook.com/94632597137/posts/10157528526187138?s=100000029173547&sfns=mo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

sjb25 wrote: »
    N30 section open tomorrow according to Paul keogh and sure he would know :)

https://www.facebook.com/94632597137/posts/10157528526187138?s=100000029173547&sfns=mo

Another Friday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Swung by that way this morning and no change at 7.30am anyway

• Advertisement

E30i wrote: »
    Swung by that way this morning and no change at 7.30am anyway

Definitely opening.

https://www.southeastradio.ie/2019/08/new-n30-section-between-enniscorthy-and-new-ross-to-open-tomorrow/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

kneemos wrote: »
    On local radio yesterday evening that it could be Monday.

kneemos wrote: »

No it ain't... Next Friday... Maybe... Or the Friday after.. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

That gateman lied to me,will pop down and see him, joke now , anyones guess, maybe we should do a lottery type thing, guess the day,winner takes all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thethinker

It is getting weird now. Maybe it will be like the unoccupied service station site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Minor issues with the health and safety final checks according to our local councillor:

Due to some minor issues arising out of the mandatory Health & Safety Audit it now seems likely that the new N30 link between Scarawalsh and Templescoby will not open today as previously stated. These issues are being addressed on site and a further information update will issue later today.
    It is now expected that the road will open early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭josip

ITDept wrote: »
    Minor issues with the health and safety final checks according to our local councillor:

Due to some minor issues arising out of the mandatory Health & Safety Audit it now seems likely that the new N30 link between Scarawalsh and Templescoby will not open today as previously stated. These issues are being addressed on site and a further information update will issue later today.

It would have opened today if there was a politician from Dublin due down for an opening ceremony.

ITDept wrote: »

Friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Shocking incompetence. It was supposed to open the same day as the M11 mainline!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

spacetweek wrote: »
    Shocking incompetence. It was supposed to open the same day as the M11 mainline!

Incompetence by who? The contractor? It could very well be the case that the mainline was prioritised to ensure Leo could open it before he went on his holliers.
    I’m open to correction but the mainline was opened ahead of schedule so this section is arguably on schedule. Who said it was supposed to open the same day as the mainline anyway?
    I think it’s just incredibly lazy to call the delayed opening of a section of road due to health + safety concerns incompetence particularly given the same contractors have just delivered over 40km of motorway.

Last Stop wrote: »
    Incompetence by who? The contractor? It could very well be the case that the mainline was prioritised to ensure Leo could open it before he went on his holliers.
    I’m open to correction but the mainline was opened ahead of schedule so this section is arguably on schedule. Who said it was supposed to open the same day as the mainline anyway?
    I think it’s just incredibly lazy to call the delayed opening of a section of road due to health + safety concerns incompetence particularly given the same contractors have just delivered over 40km of motorway.

It's shocking imo, it was supposed to open all at once on the Friday of the bank holiday weekend, feckin guys arsing around doing feck all, thank God his lordship Leo was going on the holliers or it would never have opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

CoBo55 wrote: »
    It's shocking imo, it was supposed to open all at once on the Friday of the bank holiday weekend, feckin guys arsing around doing feck all, thank God his lordship Leo was going on the holliers or it would never have opened.

I think it was more to do with farmers protesting that held it up... awful lot of armchair experts here. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

https://www.m11gtoe.ie/project-updates/

After four years of site works and a concentrated effort from all our teams, we are in the position to deliver this project to the public by the end of July 2019. All works will be completed in all three parts of this project, M11, N80 Link Road & N30, and the roads will be operational and available for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I think it was more to do with farmers protesting that held it up... awful lot of armchair experts here. :-/

That may be so but to be fair, the farmers wouldn't have been protesting if the contractors had been doing their job properly.

The hold up on the Kiltealy road roundabout could have been resolved from day one only bam, as usual, acted the bollox. Only because a local farmer helped them by physically hindering the laying of tar their house would have been left in the shadow of a massive silt lake without any overflow protection. These are actual people we're talking about here not just dots on someone's map, the people knew if the had let bam leave they were doomed.

• Advertisement

The hold up on the Kiltealy road roundabout could have been resolved from day one only bam, as usual, acted the bollox. Only because a local farmer helped them by physically hindering the laying of tar their house would have been left in the shadow of a massive silt lake without any overflow protection. These are actual people we're talking about here not just dots on someone's map, the people knew if the had let bam leave they were doomed.

What's a silt lake and how does it cast a shadow ?

josip wrote: »
    What's a silt lake and how does it cast a shadow ?

All drainage from the road is routed to man made settlement pits lined with plastic sheeting you'll see them dotted along the road surrounded with wire fencing. Bam raised the height of the road behind the house for reasons only they're privvy too, as a consequence the level of this pit is much higher than the original drawing shows. There was no overflow run off on this lake so in a case of a heavy downpour it would flow into the house which is much lower.

All drainage from the road is routed to man made settlement pits lined with plastic sheeting you'll see them dotted along the road surrounded with wire fencing. Bam raised the height of the road behind the house for reasons only they're privvy too, as a consequence the level of this pit is much higher than the original drawing shows. There was no overflow run off on this lake so in a case of a heavy downpour it would flow into the house which is much lower.

This is the place?

PJbKJoE.png

josip wrote: »
    This is the place?

PJbKJoE.png

That's it, much different now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Those houses are above the road, unless silt can flow uphill then I can't see the problem. They dug down way into the hill to build the road there.
    A lot of protests were actually about noise from the road before even a base course was laid,the fencing hadn't even been erected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Drove the new section over the weekend.
    Still getting over the shock of not having to drive through Camolin, Ferns and Enniscorthy.
    The time and hassle it saves is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

The houses are down-slope of the fill level of the new surface water pond. It has nothing to do with the level of the road, although I reckon those houses are in fact down-slope of the road also

Those houses are above the road, unless silt can flow uphill then I can't see the problem. They dug down way into the hill to build the road there.
    A lot of protests were actually about noise from the road before even a base course was laid,the fencing hadn't even been erected.

What?? The house in question is below the level of pit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

What?? The house in question is below the level of pit.

Ah jaysus, enough about the house already.

Did the N30 open today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭prunudo

spacetweek wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, enough about the house already.

Did the N30 open today?

Probably be Friday again :D

Advertisement