Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Auctioneer Change Your House Price?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Dymo wrote: »
    Do the OP not realise that the asking price is the price used for marketing purposes and serves no other purpose than a guide price. You own the house and you decide what the house sells for not the estate agent. The only reason why he would lower the price is to generate interest, he can't sell it at that price!. I just think the OP is wondering what the neighbours would say if they saw their house was being lowered in price. If it can't get interest at the lower price it's obvious the it won't sell at the higher price.

Is it impossible for some people to understand why I was asking on this thread??? All I wanted to know is if lowering the price WITHOUT THE CONSENT/KNOWLEDGE OF THE OWNER is normal procedure! I'm not dumb enough to think that the estate agent decides the price its sold for and I'm fully aware of the need to generate interest in the current climate. As for your comment about the neighbours - cop yourself on! We're in an economic crisis - I'm trying to sell a house in a town I no longer live in and, unless you know the facts, dont make make condescending remarks just for the sake of saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Your patience is exemplary!

And no it is not normal procedure or acceptable behaviour.

You are right to be concerned.

In a similar situation we would contact his professional body, and get them to deal with him.

See his web site; he will list that there.

We had problems with an agent who was not Irish and not a member and still the ??IAPVI sorted it for us and found us a decent agent.
    Shazanne wrote: »
    Is it impossible for some people to understand why I was asking on this thread??? All I wanted to know is if lowering the price WITHOUT THE CONSENT/KNOWLEDGE OF THE OWNER is normal procedure! I'm not dumb enough to think that the estate agent decides the price its sold for and I'm fully aware of the need to generate interest in the current climate. As for your comment about the neighbours - cop yourself on! We're in an economic crisis - I'm trying to sell a house in a town I no longer live in and, unless you know the facts, dont make make condescending remarks just for the sake of saying something.

Advertisement