Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video camera - Flycam rig

Options
  • 06-03-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So for the last while I have being looking on line at all sorts of homemade flycam rigs and thinking of giving it a go myself.

has anyone here given it ago and if so what kinda results have you had?

Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

So after thinking a small bit about this yesterday afternoon, I cobbled together something jus to see how it might work.

This wee effort took no more than 30mins to make / rig

So after doing that I've decided to go full scale and try make something a little better.

Here are my concept drawings I came up with.

After knocking up that quick sketch I've since decided to change up the lower section to incorpate a r/c tilt facility.

Would love to hear form anyone who has given this a go before or has some hands on experience with a pro rig.

Also looking to find out more about video sending to portable monotor.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have no experience using a Flycam but may I suggest that you have two parallel wires to hang the underslung carriage from?

It should help to prevent side-to-side swing and will also enable you to step up to larger cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

I was thinking the exact same thing myself and I say a few things online that would have suggested the same.

The thing is the project I have in mind for this has a run of almost 100m, so I would be doubling on the rigging and expense of having a parrel wire. In the rendering you can see the two "red things" this is the cable drive which I was to be as fast as possible. Another line would increse the friction and slow the whole rig down.

I think the solution for the side to side swing is to be found in the yellow pendilum which is on a bearing and will counteract the side to side swing momentum.

Oh the camera in the shot is just a spare one I used incase it all went wrong so I could have lived with if it smashed.

Cheers for the input dude.

A

Advertisement