Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam refund or gift to someone?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 2:55pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, initially i preordered BC2 on steam for the beta access.
    However early this week once i heard we could play the game online straight away before general release if purchased on EA store.

This leaves me with potentially two copies of the game, ive sent a support ticket asking steam for a refund, not sure on their policy.
    But then one of the lads mentioned i could possibly gift it to someone , any ideas lads?

NOTE: i have not downloaded it from steam yet in the hope this may assist a possible refund or gift.

Any thoughts lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i ask sometimes lads from northend ireland to buy games on steam and gift them to me, then i just use paypal to pay for those games . hint ;).

or you can gift it to me, ill try mmultiplayer from steam, i bought mine one in shop and it does not work MP, maybe steam one is different? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

gift it to someone if you can.

give you $13 for it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Give ya €20 for it !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill have to offer the the brother first lads, if hes not interested keep bidding :)

So i can gift it is what yas are saying?

Just to update this ,heres what steam had to say.

Hello Damien, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. As with most software products, we will not offer refunds or exchanges for purchases made online as outlined in the software license - please review Section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information. Steam Subscriber Agreement http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement We will make an exception for pre-ordered games if the request is received prior to the release date.

I then asked if i could gift it to someone and they replied with

Hello Damien, Please purchase this game as a gift and send it to the email address of your choice. Once completed, we will assist you in refunding the original purchase as soon as the transaction has been settled. Please reply to this ticket when you have made the purchase.

Kinda dont want to go down this road.

Im wondering how can i retrieve the code for it to sell on to one of you lads?
    I assumed once the download was completed i got it,id just be warey if i downloaded it may interfere with whom ever i sold the key to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

HAHA...you mad loon ya. All this for a few hours early games play....lmao.

I would not go down that road either, you might have to gift it to someone on here for FREE and then get them to paypal you....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    HAHA...you mad loon ya. All this for a few hours early games play....lmao.

I would not go down that road either, you might have to gift it to someone on here for FREE and then get them to paypal you....

I had 4 days extra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Efioanaes wrote: »
    This leaves me with potentially two copies of the game, ive sent a support ticket asking steam for a refund, not sure on their policy.
    But then one of the lads mentioned i could possibly gift it to someone , any ideas lads?
    Every time I launch BC2, it gives me the chance to "deauthorize" it...

Have you inputted the serial yet? I'm thinking... if you installed it (from somewhere else, physical media, maybe), and then inputted the serial?

Advertisement