Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Chest Freezer Icing up

• 06-03-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Any techie out there can diagnose a problem I have with a Bosch chest freezer. It ices up on the outside, underneath the handle of the lid. There's no sign of any damage to the Chest, either inside or outside. It begins about the size of a side plate, and grows gradually. It's as if there seems to be air leaking out and freezing, but I can't see why this should be the case. I would be delighted if any one out there can diagnose my problem. Maybe its because it is nearly 20 years old and is coming to end of it's life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

A completely wild guess almost guaranteed to be wrong:

The insulation in the wall has deteriorated at that point allowing the outside to get cold. You could try opening the lid and feeling the inside adjacent the iced patch and see if it is warmer than other places inside. If not, maybe the lid seal damaged, perhaps, or the lid is bent or warped slightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DanFWalsh

Thank you cnocbui, over the past couple of days the ice block has reduced considerably. I'm told by other experts that perhaps the cold air in the garage might be a cause. In order for a fridge to function properly, it needs to be in a location with room temperature or above. So maybe with the improved temperatures out there, it might resolve itself. I'll check your suggestions nevertheless.

Advertisement