Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To-Do List before/upon arrival!

Options
  • 06-03-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I thought there was a sticky on here about this before and can't find the thread now. Anyway, it would be helpful to pull a to-do list together. If it can be sorted out before I leave excellent, if not what's the best way to go about it on arrival. Feel free to add to it!

1. Sim Card - what's the cheapest network for oz calls? I know you can buy a SIM pack with credit in USIT but is the network any good?

2. Tax/Social Security Number - what numbers do you need to get working in Oz? Can you get them before you leave and if not where do you go and what do you need to apply for them?

3. Bank Account - which banks allow you to set up an account before you arrive and which ones have the most ATMs around?

I'll be going to Sydney! Advice most welcome!

Comments

Advertisement