Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbours shed what to do?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

My next door neighbours have put a shed right next to our fence which seperates our gardens and now it is blocking sunlight in the evening where our patio is. they have the shed put down on a concrete base not sure if it is cemented into the base or not.

What can i do? should i expect them to move it since it is blocking light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Unusual that a garden shed could interfere with sun but as local planning guidelines vary, generally structures height > 2m and floor area > 24sqm require planning permission.

Check with your local co council/planning dept and they should be able to advise you as to your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

At this time of year the sun will be fairly low in the evenings, but as the year moves on you should find that the shed will not cause any obstruction, unless as sonnenblumen said, it is higher than it should be.

Advertisement