Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go tonight?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi there,

Myself and a couple of friends are thinking of heading into town tonight but looking for somewhere to go, like a music or comedy gig or something?
    We're students though so looking for something that's not too expensive... has anyone any ideas?

Would really appreciate any thoughts :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Whelan's probably have live music. Wouldn't be more than a tenner in and I've never been disappointed with the bands.

Or you could go to the Laughter Lounge. This'll probably set you back about €25 though. The Ha'Penny Inn or the International Bar will probably have cheaper comedy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 sajama

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Whelan's probably have live music. Wouldn't be more than a tenner in and I've never been disappointed with the bands.

Or you could go to the Laughter Lounge. This'll probably set you back about €25 though. The Ha'Penny Inn or the International Bar will probably have cheaper comedy though.

Cheers for that :)
    Looked up the International Bar's website and it's listings were a year old! Think we'll end up trying either the International or Whelans - wasn't sure if it would be cheap to get in or not so might give it a go. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

sajama wrote: »
    Hi there,

Myself and a couple of friends are thinking of heading into town tonight but looking for somewhere to go, like a music or comedy gig or something?
    We're students though so looking for something that's not too expensive... has anyone any ideas?

Would really appreciate any thoughts :)

You could always try Sin...they have this promotion on were you pay 50 euro in and can drink all you want! They play hip-hop and rnb and the place can be jammed but if money is tight I think its a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Try PUNCH the good bits on Store st, across from Busaras, only 2E in and drinks promos. 3e bottles and pints, 3.50 shots of jager, 10E double vodka and red bull etc etc
    nice mix of music, house, techno electro, indie and alt and chart upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sajama wrote: »
    Cheers for that :)
    Looked up the International Bar's website and it's listings were a year old! Think we'll end up trying either the International or Whelans - wasn't sure if it would be cheap to get in or not so might give it a go. Thanks again :)

Ironically right now in Whelans 'The Cast Of Cheers' are playing! catch them when you get the chance, one of the best Irish bands around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

nice heavy electronica on in kennedys tonite, 10euro in with a free cd(album launch, at least I think u get a free cd!)
    on now till late, headline is around 00:30am

Advertisement