Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording in Galway?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone know of any cheap recording studios in Galway that would be good for recording a decent demo. Looking for someplace that would charge about €20 per hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The only one I know of is The Forge. I've never recorded anything there, I've just used the rehearsal rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

The Forge has a nice big room and good gear . Ray the engineer is a cool guy too.

There's also Ross Rooney's 6yo Studio slightly out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ECF

yes i know of the forge. I'd be more interested in some independent people who record bands, i.e. those without the high street prices.

Ya gets what ya pay for Squire !

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    There's also Ross Rooney's 6yo Studio slightly out of town.
    Do you have any more information on that studio Paul? If you had a contact number and an address I could add it to the Bands & Musicians Resources thread.

• Advertisement

http://www.6yostudios.com/

Ross Rooney - he's a great guy.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    http://www.6yostudios.com/

Ross Rooney - he's a great guy.
    That was quick. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

ECF, I'm in Galway too, but can't make it at 20 yoyo. Do a bit of research - everyday someone opens a studio in Ireland, and perhaps a new studio will have introduction prices.
    Good luck

Shay, excuse me not mentioning you.

no worries
    cheers Paul.

• Advertisement

Hello Shay,

Why can't you do it at €20?

There's a value to my time. It's based on how much I usually make per hour, how much I have to pay for different bills, different things I can do, and how much I value my services.

While my rates are still rather competitive, I feel charging 20 is way too low.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

shayleon wrote: »
    There's a value to my time. It's based on how much I usually make per hour, how much I have to pay for different bills, different things I can do, and how much I value my services.

While my rates are still rather competitive, I feel charging 20 is way too low.

cheers.

Agreed, you wouldn't get a coffee these days for €20 quid.

How much do you value your services at per hour Shay?

shayleon wrote: »
    I'm in Galway too
    Hi Shay, If you like, send me your contact details and I'll add them to the Bands & Musicians Resources thread.

Since this is no longer boards interest, I'll try to PM you. If it fails, you can contact me through my site. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sprig

Bit late seeing this but anyways..

www.sprigproductions.com

Sprig studio is a fully equipped studio in Galway city available to hire for €100 a day. block bookings of three days or more for €80 per day...

With these rates we hope to allow musicians and artists to put the focus back onto being creative in the studio, we hope to allow artists to take their time and not have to worry about financial and time restraints imposed by our competitors.

Sprig studio is also located very conveniently in Galway city, just a one minute walk from GMIT campus, saving on the need for long trips into the countryside and on site accommodations etc........

Sprig studio is just whats required in Galway :)

Advertisement