Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Phone Selection on 3

Options
  • 06-03-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I am interested in upgrading my phone, I am currently on a 3 Ireland pay monthly plan.

I took a look at the three website.

I currently have an Nokia E63 was looking to upgrade to an E72, I was assuming they would not have the E72 available just yet but I was surprised to see they did not sell the E71 either, they don't even have my current phone the E63.

On the website they seem to only have one Nokia phone the Nokia 2730 available on the pay monthly price plan.

What's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Drop into a 3 store or stockist they'll have the full range in store, the e71 and e63 are both available, new phones should be out shortly ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I couldn't believe the lack of quailty handsets in the store at the top of Grafton Street last week.

Really poor - bet they wouldn't try it across the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

new phones should be out shortly ; )

I've been waiting since my contract was up last November for some decent phones to come out. Waiting for an Android phone in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The sony ericsson vivaz and the nokia 5230 are the only new handsets coming on three march/april. Spoke to them instore in Dundrum last week.

E72 is apparently not launching at all. It did not pass the tests they were carrying out. Its performance was unsatisfactory in 3g mode but fine in 2g mode!?. That is what they told me anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

none of the networks have any major phones bar the iphone, htc hd2 and n900 at a squeeze. Nothing that would make me want to jump networks anyway.

Nokia see to have nothing "new" coming out, just more of the same , iphone has hardly changed in 3 generations.

could we have hit a plateau as far as next gen phones are concerned??

I want a SixthSense phone and I want one now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

So have three dropped LG phones altogether from their phone range?? I have to say their phone select seemed to have got worse over the last 6 months.. I got a LG viewty (which i love) as an upgrade last year. This year I might look elsewhere... See Vodafone are handing out free iphones now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

The selection of handsets on three is what has me looking at bringing my business acount else where. Honestly I've had the HTC TyTN II for about 2 years and they are still trying to flog it. Best the agent on the phoe could say to me was "we should have the iphone in a few months" after me telling him I wanted a droid or WinMo phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ Dodgy

Just got the Jet touchscreen off 3. Don't know if that's considered a good phone or not but a couple of people said it seemed like a good deal for 29yoyo.

Now to try to find a way to transfer me data from Sony to Samsung and learn how to use a touch screen phone. Hmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

DJ Dodgy wrote: »
    Just got the Jet touchscreen off 3. Don't know if that's considered a good phone or not but a couple of people said it seemed like a good deal for 29yoyo.

Now to try to find a way to transfer me data from Sony to Samsung and learn how to use a touch screen phone. Hmmm....

sure looks like a nice phone alright.. Didn't see it on the website - must be a bigger selection in their shops then..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ Dodgy

According to the shop I was in the phone service 1913 gives you the biggest range of phones available, best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭thedonscork

any sign of new entry to mid level android smartphones on the three.ie website? seriously bad selection at moment for pre pay smartphones, even more so than usual.

Advertisement