Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Guinness in Drogheda?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Ok, 32 years old and never drank a pint of guinness!! (have tasted it, but didnt like it)

Where is the best pint in drogheda, so I can hopefully enjoy my first proper one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Not a guinness drinker myself but have heard from reliable sources Clarkes on Peter Street....

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

Savage pub as well if you havent been you'll love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Gleesons Pub West Street, top quality guinness, hard to find a better pint of Guinness anywhere else in Drogheda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Millmount Bar (Top Shop) is renown to sell exceptional Guinness (and its a lot less dodgy reputation-wise as a bar).
    A lot of the Gardi that frequent it on their own time off recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

I only drink guinness. If you are in town, as mentioned already, Clarkes and Gleesons are very good. If you are going somewhere specifically to have a guinness, the rugby club on the ballymakenny road will not be beaten. Fantastic pint no matter what time of day/night/week you chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

My father who is very picky about the black stuff, even built his own bar taps/lines/gas cause he was sick of the bad pints he was getting, gave Clarkes a 10/10. He also won a few prizes for pulling the best pint. I don't drink it myself but anyone I have brought to Clarkes always are very happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ok, update for the people who recommended pubs.

Yesterday, I watched the parade, built up a bit of a thirst, and ventured in to Clarkes on Peter St and ordered my first ever pint of guinness!

Gulped a good bit down on the first 'sup' and it was nice, however, I then nursed it a bit and it went steadily downhill!

Thanks for the advice, but i think I'll be sticking to the fizzy stuff!

Clarkes - what a great pub though - old school!

Advertisement