Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zen Vision M touchpad repair

• 06-03-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭

folks, the touchpad on my 60gb Zen Vision M is acting up. I've contacted Creative about getting it repaired and they quoted me €199:eek:

So can anyone tell me if there is anywhere else that repair such devices for a more reasonable price..otherwise I will just have to go out and buy a new MP3 player...and not Creative!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Never used this place myself, nor heard of them until I searched but here's somewhere in Dublin that purports to repair MP3 players - http://www.gsmsolutionsltd.com/ipod/index.html

Broken Creatives seems to be a recurring theme in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Guys, I have experience with Gsmsolutionsltd.com and it was a horrible experience that lasted for months, and ended in me literally paying to have my ipod bricked. I went to them initially based on them being the only place that seemed to repair ipods at the time.

I posted a thread about my dealings with this cowboy here by the wayhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055198564 , he bricked my ipod last year when I sent it in for a broken button and tried a devious scheme to try and and cover up his complete incompetence.

I subsequently found this previous newpaper story on the same lad behind this url
    here

He goes by the name **** as well.:(

The name of the site does sound legitmate at first,( before you find out it is not even a limited company) and I personally found the website to appear legit as well ,but i was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sxt wrote: »
    Guys, I have experience with Gsmsolutionsltd.com and it was a horrible experience that lasted for months, and ended in me literally paying to have my ipod bricked. I went to them initially based on them being the only place that seemed to repair ipods at the time.

I posted a thread about my dealings with this cowboy here by the wayhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055198564 , he bricked my ipod last year when I sent it in for a broken button and tried a devious scheme to try and and cover up his complete incompetence.

I subsequently found this previous newpaper story on the same lad behind this url
    here

He goes by the name **** as well.:(

The name of the site does sound legitmate at first,( before you find out it is not even a limited company) and I personally found the website to appear legit as well ,but i was wrong.

yikes! thanks for that valuable heads-up sxt! I will stay well clear of them.
    To be honest I think I will just cut my losses and keep it (it still works sometimes & the hard drive is sound) and go ahead and buy a smaller device like a Sony 16Gb MP3 player for about €100. I'm done spending big money on these devices when they only seem to have a limited shelf life anyway (and then there's the redundant accessories:mad:).

Who knows, in the future I may feel like buying a new touchpad myself and have a go at repairing it (all my music is backed up anyway), nothing to lose eh!

UPDATE: I just got a reply from the 'General Manager' at the above company who confirmed that they fix all types of makes and models...well I won't be going near him.

Advertisement