Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Elections 2010 (Voting Thursday March 11)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

constantg wrote: »
    the manner in which the lecetions were handled?

Hmmm.... poor postgrads eh?? Ignored by all candidates and then when it came to voting many couldn't (at least not without a pile of hassel).

Just thought as a Post Grad I'd throw that in!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

OK So let me get this straight; you think this year's sabbats have "dont a great job all year."
    I struggle to see the funny in changing my done to dont, can you explain it? (I'm serious, I see the indication that a funny pun was attempted, but the sentence doesn't make sense to me).
    And you have a problem with the build up to the elections and polling day itself? "This may just be because apart from hustings it's all that've I've heard SU-wise for the past 3-4 weeks."

So in theory you don't have an issue with the SU, merely the manner in which the lecetions were handled? Would you be in favour of a moratorium on elections in a fashion similar to the general elections with campaigning being toned down on the day of an election perhaps?
    That actually sounds like a great idea.
    And just to satisfy my curiousity, did the SU not deal with the UGM recently, did you not hear? Several articles in An Focal relating to Class Reps Council, statements from the SU President (4 more years :-)) re the new presidential house suggesting that Batt O'Keeffe should perhaps better concentrate his energies on the spiraling cost of the registration fee???
    Or am i imaging things again? Damn Xanex.....:P
    I certainly heard about the UGM, and smiled. As for Class Reps Council, I did hear of the comments, but missed the articles in question.

Anywhoo, any more talk of the elections and it'll be painfully hypocritcal to moan about hearing of it :D.
    Yes, if I feel so inclined I'll reply again >_>''.
    Congrats once again to all involved, look forward to getting to know the new Communications and CSO sabbats :).

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

DJCR wrote: »
    Hmmm.... poor postgrads eh?? Ignored by all candidates and then when it came to voting many couldn't (at least not without a pile of hassel).

Just to let you know, I didn't forget the post grads, i went into the PSA left leaflets and also chatted to two postgrads but unfortunately i wasn't able to help as they're problem was with paying for tution fees as they were non-EU students, and i explained it would have to go further than the SU to get that sorted!

And postgrads will benifit just as much as under grads with regards security(Laptop locks, safer routes home), Services(exam bus service/daylink, phone charger service,part time work service) Campaigns(mental health, back door fees/charges, accommodation campaigns) and they can obviously go to any events orgainsed in U.L.

Also my campaign manager is a post grad student so i had his ideas and feedback along the way!

If you do have any ideas or problems that you would like addressed, feel free to e-mail me viviongrisewood@yahoo.co.uk
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Post grad students weren't ignored by me, I didn't go out of my way to target any group. Anyone who was interested, could have asked a question.

Also, similar to Viv, my campaign manager was a postgrad, even more unusual, a research postgrad.

My campaign was targeted at all students, do people have an issue with that?

In terms of postgrads voting, you'll have to take it up with SAA as that's where we get the database from.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

DJCR wrote: »

Dave just announce your candidacy for the PSA Presidency and get it over with ok? Spare us the championing the downtrodden guff eh??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

I struggle to see the funny in changing my done to dont, can you explain it? (I'm serious, I see the indication that a funny pun was attempted, but the sentence doesn't make sense to me).

Typed by hand, sorry for the typo, unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Dave just announce your candidacy for the PSA Presidency and get it over with ok? Spare us the championing the downtrodden guff eh??

Jaysus. do you ever sleep ???:D:D:D:D:D

as oppossed to your work on Championing the current Exec ;) ..... Some would say your a better propaganda machine than An Focal around these here parts!!! :):):)

Oh and as for "downtrodden guff" I was simply relating to the ULSU Election day with some people being unable to vote, now I have kindly been referred to the right place (SAA) I will take my inquiries elsewhere.

Advertisement