Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigration?

Options
  • 06-03-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey there.

sorry about the multi posts but I'm fairly stuck. I'm a journalist and I'm working on a feature about the growing amount of economic emigration from Ireland and the increasing number of young people moving abroad because they can't get work at home.

I think it's important to keep this issue on he news agenda here especially now coming up to Paddy's day and especially given some rather clumsy comments by enterprise minister Mary Coughlan. She recently told the BBC that young people are leaving Ireland in droves to "have fun" and "isn't it great that they are getting jobs abroad".

So if you know someone who has had to leave Ireland in the last year because they had no hope of a job and they would like to tell their story perhaps you can forward on my details. Or if you fit this description yourself maybe you'd be up for talking to me. I need to speak to somebody before Wednesday.

To get in touch you can send me private message here or email me at gmail - declan DOT brennan AT gmail DOT com

Thanks again,

Declan

Advertisement