Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Hours

Options
  • 06-03-2010 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi All,

I have got sound advice from this forum in the past so I am putting up a request for a friend of mine. If you had previously got your hours reduced in a job what happens when they ask you to go back onto full hours? Can you refuse to go back or is it compulsory?Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you have being claiming benifits (Xs&Os) while on reduced hours, the SW will contact your place of work and periodically ask if there is a full time position there for you if your employer says yes then you may lose the claim.

Other than that, once the employer give notice to the employee that hours will be restored, it is difficult to see how you could refuse to do the full time hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MrDap

Cheers for the reply

Advertisement