Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 fireball

Options
  • 06-03-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi lads wondering if any of ye know of any gun shops that stock 17 fireball ammo. After gettin a 2nd had 17 remington and and goin to get it re built into a fireball just wondering about availability of ammo. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Read a review recently in "Shooting Sports" I think it was and they reckoned .17 REM was a better calibre then .17 Fireball.

Not seen ammo anywhere or even heard of anyone with it.

Will ask around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

cheers bunnyshooter, Ya read alot of different reviews on the fireball vs the 17 remington goin ordering 17 lothar barrel anyway and its down to availability of ammo that will swing in favour of it being chambered in the fireball or 17 remington. Would like to try fireball as its supposed to fowl less and prolong barrel life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there is far better cals out there ,with available ammo.

when picking a hunting cal its better to use the KISS principle

.17 Rem is widely available but expensive.

I like your style.............like "different" calibres myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

like the prospect of trying out different caliber alright bunnyshooter and seeing what destructon it does on the foxies :D rifle should be ready in couple months(have to wait on barrel and reamer to come in) ill let you know what day shes being ran in on range and you can try her yourself aslong as you promise to be gentle ha ha
    jwshooter i usually use my 250 on foxes just heard about the fireball and would like to try it ive used every cal from a .22 to a .243 foxin but overlooked the .17s up to now, actually 204 is another cal ive missed too i wonder how understanding my new supernintendo is.............:D

• Advertisement

Give me a shout customrifle when it's ready :cool:

In the meantime my bro has a 204 I'm sure he'd let ya have a few shots ;)

Advertisement